Home

who here is gonna give gameday a chance and buy it?

This is a discussion on who here is gonna give gameday a chance and buy it? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2003, 08:32 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: who here is gonna give gameday a chance and buy it?

Sure why not? I think there are some good things in that game actually.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:42 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm with bdoughty. I buy all of the football games every year, so yes I'll be getting Gameday.
Old 08-01-2003, 11:02 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

In this economy I'd be saving your money a bit more than buying 4 or 5 football games cuz you never know when you may fall on hard times (isn't buying 2 nfl games enuff??). But then again you're talking to someone who's been laid off for 7 months so...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2003, 11:42 PM   #12
All Star

LiquidCrash's Arena

OVR: 31

I might give it a rental, but it's gonna have to be something special to make me buy it. I only plan on buying one NFL game this year, and ESPN and Madden are gonna get the first looks.
Old 08-02-2003, 12:47 AM   #13
All Star

OVR: 17

Quote:

ODogg said:
In this economy I'd be saving your money a bit more than buying 4 or 5 football games cuz you never know when you may fall on hard times (isn't buying 2 nfl games enuff??). But then again you're talking to someone who's been laid off for 7 months so...

LOL is that you Mr Greenspan?

2 NFL Games Enough? Not for me but I buy every sports game that comes out like a few others here. Of course you are missing a big point here. Some people spend money on numerous things like DVD's music and other forms of entertainment. These are things I do not spend money on. I am sorry you got laid off though and I do realize with todays economy it could happen to any of us. That is why I always set aside a % of my paycheck to my savings account.
Old 08-02-2003, 12:55 AM   #14
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

If your playing Madden and 2k4, say, 70-75% of your football gaming time, and splitting the remainder with games like Fever, Gameday, Blitz, etc, isn't that a waste of money (even if you have it)? Seems as though those "other" games would just be collecting dust, all for $50 a pop
Old 08-02-2003, 01:04 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 14

MLB 2004 was my second choice for a baseball game this year... however, MLB 2004 also didn't have Michael Vick right-handed!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2003, 01:06 AM   #16
All Star

OVR: 17

Quote:

iLLWiLL said:
If your playing Madden and 2k4, say, 70-75% of your football gaming time, and splitting the remainder with games like Fever, Gameday, Blitz, etc, isn't that a waste of money (even if you have it)? Seems as though those "other" games would just be collecting dust, all for $50 a pop

Well to get technical Gameday and Blitz Pro are $39.99 right now. You see I play games over the course of a year since that is how often they are updated. I have never had a problem juggling 5-6 football games in the past (you have to include NCAA 2004 and Gamebreaker) so I have no idea why this year would be any different.

There are some people who's goal is to own one or two games and become great at them, especially now with online play being a big feature. Some do it because that is all they can afford. Then there are those like myself who like a varity of games so I do not get burnt out on one game.

Different strokes for different folks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »