Home

Is NCAA 11 the 2k5 killer?

This is a discussion on Is NCAA 11 the 2k5 killer? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is NCAA 11 the 2k5 killer?
Absolutely, NCAA 11 tops them all. 47 29.56%
Close, but not quite. 43 27.04%
Not even close. 69 43.40%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2010, 11:31 PM   #41
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Is NCAA 11 the 2k5 killer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
How can u be the greatest football game when a simply football fedmental is missing ?like someone else in the thread said we must have really lower what we want in a football game.
What???

10 Char.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2010, 11:38 PM   #42
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Until EA joins us all in the real world and implements some type of presentation into their games, and more than just the ESPN scorebar, then we are all going to continue to compare their games to ESPN 2K5 regardless of what they do on the gameplay front. Protak, real time physics, whatever they are doing next year..
Old 09-20-2010, 11:45 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

I loved 2K5 at the time, and it still does have things in it that aren't in football games today. But Madden and NCAA are both better games by now imo. 2K5 had its issues. People complain about the db play in this years Madden, its still light years ahead of 2K5. Madden and NCAA have improved their running games a lot, and the tackling system, 2K5 doesn't have the huge advantage there anymore. Non gameplay, 2K5's presentation is still unmatched, but they also had a pretty terrible franchise mode.

Loved 2K5, and for its time I think its the best ever. But I wouldn't want to play it again now.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:01 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
What???

10 Char.
Watching a good football game and typing bad things like that happen.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:45 AM   #45
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Actually, no they aren't.

It may not be easy for the average joe, but at the very least it has to be easier than it was 6 years ago.

NCAA plays the best game of football of any football video game I've ever played. NFL2K5 still trumps it presentation wise, even after all these years. I value game-play a lot more than presentation but it's time EA stepped it up with the shiny.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #46
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
I loved 2K5 at the time, and it still does have things in it that aren't in football games today. But Madden and NCAA are both better games by now imo. 2K5 had its issues. People complain about the db play in this years Madden, its still light years ahead of 2K5. Madden and NCAA have improved their running games a lot, and the tackling system, 2K5 doesn't have the huge advantage there anymore. Non gameplay, 2K5's presentation is still unmatched, but they also had a pretty terrible franchise mode.

Loved 2K5, and for its time I think its the best ever. But I wouldn't want to play it again now.
IMO the tackling system has gotten worse. Gimme the the tackling system in Madden 2005 anyday over the garbage we have now. Pro Tak was OK as a 1st time feature last year but there was improvement to it IMO.

I do agree with Trob, presentation gets old to me fast and it's hard to create something that doesn't feel stale or repetitive. I'd like less "shininess" and more immersion when it comes to presentation. Gimme more stat overlays, conference standings, starting lineups, anything that gets me involved in either the game or the dynasty, preferably both.

Is there dynamic commentary in NCAA '11? I turn down the sound so all I hear is stadium sounds and sound effects.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:14 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Gameplay wise, NCAA 11 is better than ESPN 2k5 mainly just because of how advanced everything is. For each games time, 2k5 was definitely better than NCAA 11 is now if that makes sense.

When it comes down to it, I prefer 2k8's gameplay, then NCAA 11's, then ESPN 2k5's. I don't think NCAA 11 is the 2k5 killer, but time is. 2k5 is outdated now since it came out 6 years ago.

If EA actually came out with a game that matched 2k5's quality, then NCAA 11 would look terrible compared to it. But since EA has done nothing but make their football games worse over the years, the technology is the only thing keeping their sports titles in my system.

― Plato
Old 09-26-2010, 04:58 PM   #48
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

NCAA 11 is the best, IMO. 2K5 is soooo 2004. But hey, at least it did have a good halftime show/post game show. At this point that's the only thing that's better than NCAA 11 or Madden 11.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »