Home

Have any of you played 2k11?

This is a discussion on Have any of you played 2k11? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2010, 05:55 AM   #33
Rookie

ThisIsReality's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Have any of you played 2k11?

Man, if we're going use an example of a company making great games for one sport then I'll chip in SCEA.

Just imagine a football game with the visuals MLB The Show 10 had with the small details too. Too bad the only flaw SCEA would have is a trade happy franchise mode like they have in The Show.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:07 PM   #34
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

NBA2K11 is pure sports gaming bliss. Madden a notch below it? More like 10 notches.
The association mode is awesome and the actual gameplay is Sports game of the year material.
As far as the passing..... After about 4-5 games and getting all the bad habits out that previous games let slide ... I've had zero issues with turnovers.
Can't stress enough that you really need to practice and play the game one possession at a time. Anyways if you haven't tried the game you're doing yourself a disservice.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 10-12-2010, 03:31 AM   #35
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Chalk me up as another person who has been blown away by NBA2K11. It has raised the bar on what should be expected out of a yearly sports title as a complete package, IMO, and it's easily my sports game of the year*.

*caveats: I haven't played FIFA 11 yet and I won't play The Show because I don't own a PS3 and I'm not a baseball fan anyhow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2010, 07:14 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 32

NBA 2k11 is a labor of love. The small details remind me so much of APF2k8. The facial expression and how players act and play like their counter point. I can't imagine where NFL 2k11 would be now if the NFL exclusive license didn't happen and I understand the shirts at EA were more than willing to go exclusive because NBA 2k killed the NBA live series. I mean no more Live and NBA 2k made their Elite series go back into development.

I want people to remember the strength of Visual Concepts is football games. If the NFL license was still in play VC would have taken major market share away from a now "blah" title. I am a football head but I save my Madden money for my NBA 2k 11 purchase.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #37
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Agreed grunt and skyboxer. The game is just a breathe of fresh air compared to the stale fball series that we have been fed.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:28 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I too am amazed by 2k11. Its a basketball game, but it has made me stop playing football games because they feel so incomplete and unpolished. The only sports games I play now are NBA 2k11, APF 2k8, and eventually Choops 2k8 when NCABB season kicks off. Maybe I am just a big 2k gamer, but that should show you something right there. 2k knows how to make basketball and football games. Their baseball games are getting back on track too, and I also like their hockey series better. 2k knows how to make quality games and I could only imagine their NFL or NCAAFB game. It would probably top NBA 2k11.

― Plato
Old 10-12-2010, 05:15 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
Well, that's not completely accurate as far as I understand things. The NFL can still negotiate exclusive deals and basically keep on keeping on with being a single entity. The lower court still has to decide if the NFL's actions were an unreasonable restraint of trade based on existing anti-trust laws. SCOTUS didn't break the NFL into 32 seperate entities, they merely said that joint ventures are not exempt from anti-trust scrutiny.

Granted, this is a blow to the NFL... but if they decided to continue on their merry way with exclusive rights for EA, it would be on Take Two or whoever felt left out to file a lawsuit and spend years in the courts. Nothing in the SCOTUS decision makes anything the NFL is currently doing against the law, they merely said the NFL isn't automaticaly exempt from the law.

I could see the NFL reversing direction in regards to video game licensing, but I don't think this decision or the upcoming lower court decision is going to be the driving factor. If the NFL thinks they will make more money with exclusive EA rights then they will spend on lawyers battling pissed off competitors, then nothing will change in the near term.
I don't see what's inaccurate about what I said. When American Needle first took the NFL to court, the courts sided with the NFL, and throw out American Needle's case, because they were considered a single entity which rendered them, the NFL, exempt from anti-trust scrutiny.

The Supreme Court ruled, unanimously, that they, the NFL, are 32 separate entities, so they're subject to anti-trust scrutiny. The SCOTUS kicked it back down to the lower courts, but with the understanding that the NFL isn't a single entity.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #40
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
I don't see what's inaccurate about what I said. When American Needle first took the NFL to court, the courts sided with the NFL, and throw out American Needle's case, because they were considered a single entity which rendered them, the NFL, exempt from anti-trust scrutiny.

The Supreme Court ruled, unanimously, that they, the NFL, are 32 separate entities, so they're subject to anti-trust scrutiny. The SCOTUS kicked it back down to the lower courts, but with the understanding that the NFL isn't a single entity.
You are missing the entire subject of the lawsuit. SCOTUS submitted judgement against one specific business deal. SCOTUS did not break the NFL into 32 entities.... nothing of the sort. The only thing they did was state that this particular business deal, and potentially all other joint ventures undertaken by the NFL collective, are subject to scrutiny under the Sherman Act. That's it. End of ruling.

In no way it is accurate to state that the NFL has been busted into 32 seperate entities, because they haven't. The NFL just recently announced rights agreements for Nike to produce all on-field apparel. I didn't hear anything about the Steelers going with Reebok and the Packers going with Adidas because of the SCOTUS ruling.

Why? Because the NFL still exists and it can still negotiate deals as they, and their lawyers, see fit. If Adidas or whoever wants to sue and claim this deal is illegal per the Sherman Act, I'm sure that is within their rights... just like it was within American Needle's rights.

What do I think will happen? EA will continue to have exclusive Madden licenses (the NFL wants it that way). The NFL will pony up the millions of dollars required to settle with American Needle and make them go away. Things will keep on rolling on like nothing ever happened. Not much to see here, much ado about nothing, move along.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »