Home

Has anyone played NCAA College Football 2K3?

This is a discussion on Has anyone played NCAA College Football 2K3? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2010, 12:15 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Has anyone played NCAA College Football 2K3?

And the game was never good because it wasn't made by the same people who made NFL 2k. If it was basically the same game in a college uniform with a few minor difference(like Madden and NCAA), then the games would have been good most likely and we'd still be playing new ones maybe right now or playing 2k5 of that game too.

― Plato
Old 10-18-2010, 05:22 AM   #10
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

I remember Syracuse being one of the best teams in the game that year, which was pretty silly.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:16 PM   #11
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Only cool thing about the game is ESPN overlays. I bought it for like $1.99. It's worth that if you can find it, just for the nostalgia factor.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

As was mentioned above, NCAA Football 2K3, like NCAA Football 2K2, was primarily made by Avalanche Software, not by Visual Concepts.

Visual Concepts only had one executive producer, one project manager, and bunch of QA credits in the instruction manuals for each game. Avalanche Software, meanwhile, had all of the programming, art, and audio credits.

Additionally, both NCCA 2K games were running off modified versions of the previous year's NFL 2K engine. So NCAA Football 2K2 was basically NFL 2K1. And NCAA Football 2K3 was basically NFL 2K2.

That said, I played a ton of NCAA Football 2K2 on the Dreamcast, primarily because the online play was excellent for the time. EA didn't have online play in their college game until NCAA Football 2004.

NCAA Football 2K3 did have some impressive graphics for its day, though it would very quickly be showed up in every way possible by NFL 2K3, when that game released the following week. Had NCAA Football 2K3 shipped a few months ahead of NFL 2K3, instead of the week before, I think it would have been received much more favorably. As it was, NFL 2K3 basically made NCAA Football 2K3 look completely irrelevant and outdated, only a week after it hit stores. It didn't even include the online play that had made it into the PlayStation 2 version of NFL 2K3.

There's really no reason to play either NCAA 2K game today, since you can just create college teams to use in All-Pro Football 2K8. If you like, I have a nameless, 8-team SEC roster file from last season that's still available to download from the APF 2K8 section of this very forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDakHusker
The only reason I really ever owned 2k3 was because Eric Crouch was on the cover
Eric Crouch is also listed in the motion capture credits, so I'd guess that many of the quarterback animations in the game are his.

Last edited by jyoung; 07-10-2014 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:00 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

good.. and graphics on NCAA 2k3 are a lot better..
Old 08-06-2014, 01:36 AM   #14
Rookie

Hi, I'm new here. But I love the college games and I've played every one of them. This game like all 2k football games can get boring because of all the money plays. To me the worst thing is that they don't have all the schools music and uniforms. Some of the character models look funny too. The stadiums are better than EA's by far though.

I noticed that a lot of people like the CPU vs CPU and this game does that well for those who like to watch. It looks almost like the real thing for its time. The animations are cool too.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:27 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

Eric Crouch is also listed in the motion capture credits, so I'd guess that many of the quarterback animations in the game are his.
If Eric Crouch did the QB animations, where did they get throwing animations from? j/k
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2014, 12:20 PM   #16
Rookie

I liked it, but it is nothing special. I am a fan of NCAA football games in general, and 2003 is the one I have. I would give it a 7.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »