Home

Indiana HS footall playoff system

This is a discussion on Indiana HS footall playoff system within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2010, 06:16 PM   #17
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Indiana HS footall playoff system

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
Yes I am, it's only HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. The premise should be simple - beat who you face and you can win the title. These kids are students first, athletes second. Although in Texas, apparently it's the other way around.

It also forces good teams to always play their best. You really want some kids on a team with a bad record to always know they have no shot?
What does being students have to do with the playoffs?

And yeah, the whole point of sports is to compete, so if a team sucks, they shouldn't get a chance at the end of the year to play the worst teams in the state in order on their way to the championship, which Indiana's playoff system makes possible.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 10-23-2010, 06:48 PM   #18
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
What does being students have to do with the playoffs?

And yeah, the whole point of sports is to compete, so if a team sucks, they shouldn't get a chance at the end of the year to play the worst teams in the state in order on their way to the championship, which Indiana's playoff system makes possible.
You obviously have no concept of the difference between professional and high school sports. Do you want to start paying the students that play sports too? How about we let students transfer schools if they're on a "sucky" team? It's all about winning, right?
Old 10-24-2010, 01:10 AM   #19
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
You obviously have no concept of the difference between professional and high school sports. Do you want to start paying the students that play sports too? How about we let students transfer schools if they're on a "sucky" team? It's all about winning, right?
Yes, competitive sports are about A) sportsmanship, and B) winning. That's how it works.

Who told you otherwise?

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 10-24-2010, 01:44 AM   #20
#nouss

WyxHarmon's Arena

OVR: 18

Hah, my high school (Brown County) went 2-8, and won sectionals.
Ravens

73 - 72
Old 10-24-2010, 01:55 AM   #21
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt965
Hah, my high school (Brown County) went 2-8, and won sectionals.
LOL

I present to you exhibit A^^^

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2010, 12:02 PM   #22
The Bird is the word

Bighoff's Arena

OVR: 19

Indiana's playoff system is a joke. Schools like Carmel with their 4000 plus enrollment need to be split into 2 schools, the only reason Carmel, Ben Davis, Warren Central, and others have that many student is for athletics. In Carmel's case it really hasn't worked, in football they seem to make the championship game every year they always seem to just fall short. It makes me laugh cause my room mate is a Carmel grad.

This everyone gets a shot stuff needs cxto go but at least it's better then my California state playoffs, section champions is as far as you can play for then one team form the north and one from the south are "selected" to play each other to determine a state champion in the five divisions and the open division champion which is just the best school in the north and south regardless of size.
I've heard this "patience is a virtue" junk all my life. I'm happy to say I have no virtue, no scruples, and no desire to wait too long for anything. In my humble opinion instant gratification takes too long!
Old 10-24-2010, 04:52 PM   #23
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10

Wow that's a crazy system. The PA system is pretty basic, be in the top "x" number of teams and make it to districts. Win districts and make states.

The only bad thing about the PA system is they play the privates in with the publics, which hurts in the smaller classifications. For example in our area, we have 3 Catholic schools who are all class A by enrollment, but they can pick and choose players from 6-7 districts each. We also only have four classes, in football it's 1-184 males for A, 185-310 for AA, 311-512 for AAA and 513+ for AAAA.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:38 PM   #24
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighoff63
Indiana's playoff system is a joke. Schools like Carmel with their 4000 plus enrollment need to be split into 2 schools
Well you can't just build a school for 2,000 students because of athletics.

I never liked Texas' system, but I like it a lot more after I found this story. It's a lot harder here though because we have 1,000+ schools to deal with. Never the less we manage to have 10 regular season games then a 6 game playoff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »