Home

So could a developer please explain WHY Fever 2004 is STILL ARCADEY???

This is a discussion on So could a developer please explain WHY Fever 2004 is STILL ARCADEY??? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2003, 09:25 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Location: Fayetteville, NC....Mostly known for.....well....nothing.
Re: So could a developer please explain WHY Fever 2004 is STILL ARCADEY???

Obviously, you haven't seen the sales numbers. ARCADE like sports games sell because they are easier for the average fan. Remember, young kids and NON-simmers are the biggest video game market. That's one of the reasons that Madden has dominated the football gaming market for years. It's easy to pick up and play. Though I am a simmer myself (die hard SEGA fan), I can understand why developers may opt to make a game more arcade like in comparison to other games.
Old 08-17-2003, 10:51 AM   #10
Banned

chef423's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

driddy said:
This is flat out ridiculous. You have yet to play the game and you just did a 360. Dont buy the game if xboxgameaddict set your expectations. Me, I'm going with LBrulez' impressions and the videos I'm seeing. Your post is like false advertising, you haven't played the game yet your title is making a judgement.

K dude, my bad. I have read in 2 different reviews that the game is still on the arcade side of the road.

Geez...

chef423
Old 08-17-2003, 01:40 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

The_Otrain said:
Obviously, you haven't seen the sales numbers. ARCADE like sports games sell because they are easier for the average fan. Remember, young kids and NON-simmers are the biggest video game market. That's one of the reasons that Madden has dominated the football gaming market for years. It's easy to pick up and play. Though I am a simmer myself (die hard SEGA fan), I can understand why developers may opt to make a game more arcade like in comparison to other games.

Madden is a sim game and it sold 5 million copies let NFL Blitz do the arcade thing and when NFL Street comes thats gonna kill it. Fever should go sim and if they wanna make a arcade sports game on the SIDE they should do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2003, 02:01 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

K dude, my bad. I have read in 2 different reviews that the game is still on the arcade side of the road.

Geez...

chef423

hey which reviews were those? i'm curious. here's some impressions by prolly the hardest core video football players, and they have a later review copy:

http://www.football-gaming.com/forum...f=3&t=510&st=0

and don't think Madden is straight sim neither, the developers first priority is to make a fun GAME, and madden has lots of non-sim stuff to do just that. you've heard of comeback code, and all madden superhuman players. how long ago was madden just a pass fest? many say it still is.

check out the vids on those forums. defense and run play hot routes doesnt sound very arcadey to me.
Old 08-17-2003, 04:38 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:

DaHitman said:
Quote:

The_Otrain said:

Madden is a sim game and it sold 5 million copies let NFL Blitz do the arcade thing and when NFL Street comes thats gonna kill it. Fever should go sim and if they wanna make a arcade sports game on the SIDE they should do that.

That all depends on what you consider a Sim. I in no way feel madden is a sim game.
Old 08-17-2003, 09:37 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

jubjub said:
Quote:

DaHitman said:
Quote:

The_Otrain said:

That all depends on what you consider a Sim. I in no way feel madden is a sim game.

explain why
Old 08-17-2003, 10:50 PM   #15
MVP

XBox_Roughneck's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

The_Otrain said:

Uhm, Madden is as close to a football sim as CONSOLE gamers are likely to expect. If it wasn't more of a SIM than other titles it wouldn't sell so well.

NFL Blitz does not outsell Madden on ANY platform. Ever.

I submitted an email to the reviewer to find out if the game were played on All-Pro or All FEVER?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2003, 11:19 AM   #16
Rookie

I don't think that a game where I run a draw play and end up running in place for 10 seconds waiting for the players to move so my guy can continue moving is a sim. I don't think my player running a slant about to break open and then getting hung up on a db and running in place is a sim. I don't see that problem in any of the other games. The db problem is the worst since that is an uncalled pass interference every time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »