Home

For those that HAVE the game, questions answered here...

This is a discussion on For those that HAVE the game, questions answered here... within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2003, 03:18 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: For those that HAVE the game, questions answered here...

Dan,

Seeing as how you are the development lead can you answer me this question:

Will NFL Fever EVER be able to have the computer season simmed stats match your teams played game stats? This has been a problem since NFL Fever on the PC. Im talking mainly about number of plays from scrimmage.

Last year for example I could play a 5 minute game and get about a combined 90-100 plays off which is low. However the simmed season teams get off over 120-130. So now this year we can play 8 minute quarters correct? Playing 8 minute quarters will give us 100-120 plays. Will season games have that amount or are they always going to have 30 more plays than the games that you play.

This is been a frustration topic for many gamers. Please give me a clear answer on this issue..

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-27-2003, 04:02 PM   #10
NFL F*v*r

OVR: 2
Re: For those that have the game, questions answered here...

Quote:

aragorn411 said:
Thanks alot for your time and i think i was one of the first to get the game in Michigan, anyway, As far as player progression in dynasty. Do they flucuate during the season or only change after the season and do the amount hits a player takes effect the fatiuge bar, like say a QB who gets sacked alot?

I believe players have a potential to get better or worse after each game of the season. I can double check on that for you.

Fatigue is definitely influenced by players taking hits. Basically each animation is tagged with a fatigue factor so standing idle does nothing for fatigue, but an all out sprint will lower it much more. Getting sacked, tackled, etc. also lowers fatigue more than just walking, and even jogging.

By the way, QBs who insist on running with the ball and get tackled instead of running out of bounds or sliding will get injured much more easily.

Dan
Old 08-27-2003, 04:03 PM   #11
NFL F*v*r

Re: For those that have the game, questions answered here...

Quote:

PopoWRX said:
Here's a question Dan, whats up the ratings? Bucs Super Bowl-winning D at an 83? Texans an 81?

Another question, why did you get rid of some of the helmet designs from last year? Like the one Roy Williams is suppose to wear or the one Quincy Carter sports now ( I know, I'm a 'Boys fan so I'm using them as a reference.)

I'm hoping things like Player Models are expanded upon next year as well as accessories for a more in depth Create-a-Player.

But my initial impressions are all gravy.

Re: ratings...

You know, I personally did not have any involvement with the ratings, but I will say that I'm sure there are problems with them here and there. We will be trying to update ratings throughout the season so try not to get too hung up on them right now. That's all I can say. Not sure I'm so happy with the way they turned out either...

Dan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2003, 04:05 PM   #12
NFL F*v*r

Quote:

13Warner said:
Dan,

Seeing as how you are the development lead can you answer me this question:

Will NFL Fever EVER be able to have the computer season simmed stats match your teams played game stats? This has been a problem since NFL Fever on the PC. Im talking mainly about number of plays from scrimmage.

Last year for example I could play a 5 minute game and get about a combined 90-100 plays off which is low. However the simmed season teams get off over 120-130. So now this year we can play 8 minute quarters correct? Playing 8 minute quarters will give us 100-120 plays. Will season games have that amount or are they always going to have 30 more plays than the games that you play.

This is been a frustration topic for many gamers. Please give me a clear answer on this issue..

Thanks in advance.

We'll work on dynasty/franchise/simming, etc.. more next year. Sometimes you have to focus on other things since you only have one year... We hear you, though.

Dan
Old 08-27-2003, 04:19 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I thought that you could play your custom soundtracks during the game. I have them playing while i'm in the menu but not during the game. I changed the soundtrack to mine in the sound options. Am I missing something. By the way good job, you guys have made alot of improvments since last year.
Old 08-27-2003, 04:24 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 17

MS,

I was just wondering how you and the team feel about this year's game. I know that Fever has been beaten up in the past by reviews and possibly over looked by consumers becuase it's not Madden or ESPN. But beyond the standard compnay line, "We are very satisfied with this year's effort", do you feel that the gameplay is enough to compete with the big two?

Well I just reread that and it seems to be a negative shot at Fever. I was just wondering your thoughts on this year's Fever.
Old 08-27-2003, 04:31 PM   #15
NFL F*v*r

Quote:

theeman9 said:
I thought that you could play your custom soundtracks during the game. I have them playing while i'm in the menu but not during the game. I changed the soundtrack to mine in the sound options. Am I missing something. By the way good job, you guys have made alot of improvments since last year.

No, I think I mentioned in another thread that the custom music only plays in pre-game menus. Once in-game we decided the CPU hit on streaming the music off the hard drive and processing it with reverb wasn't worth the trade off. Next year, we'll look at ways to do this without having as much of a CPU hit.

Thanks,
Dan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2003, 04:49 PM   #16
NFL F*v*r

Quote:

JRod said:
MS,

I was just wondering how you and the team feel about this year's game. I know that Fever has been beaten up in the past by reviews and possibly over looked by consumers becuase it's not Madden or ESPN. But beyond the standard compnay line, "We are very satisfied with this year's effort", do you feel that the gameplay is enough to compete with the big two?

Well I just reread that and it seems to be a negative shot at Fever. I was just wondering your thoughts on this year's Fever.

We're used to it. We know we're the underdog and have a lot of catching up to do. We can only do so much year to year, but hopefully each step gets us closer. We started basically from scratch 5 years ago and that is not a lot of time to catch up. We're getting there... I think if we keep innovating and giving people a reason to prefer our game we don't have to match the other guys feature for feature year in and year out.

Dan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »