Home

Gameday 2004 Impressions

This is a discussion on Gameday 2004 Impressions within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2003, 10:18 AM   #57
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Gameday 2004 Impressions

For those that have Gameday/Gamebreaker how do you see player ratings once inside the game? This is driving me crazy. All I see is a substitute page with player names but no ratings. I have to remember the player ratings that I viewed before I start a game? Please, say it ain't so.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:22 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:

Bill_Abner said:
For those that have Gameday/Gamebreaker how do you see player ratings once inside the game? This is driving me crazy. All I see is a substitute page with player names but no ratings. I have to remember the player ratings that I viewed before I start a game? Please, say it ain't so.

I was curious myself and I couldn't find it. I'll check again.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:37 AM   #59
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Well, I gotta say the guy that reviewed it for IGN was a bit lenient IMO. The running game is indeed easy. Really easy. Even on Hall of Fame lvl with all the D sliders maxxed out William Green is unstoppable up the middle against any team in the league. I agree that Gameday has made strides (a lot of strides) but solo play is really hampered because of this. Maybe online is better, I dunno.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:37 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 10

yea i got it and i would only like to say is the game rocks. but the run game could'ev been better and if the graphics are better next year watch out!
Old 08-28-2003, 03:30 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 7

Motown.....Nice assortment of pics ...very nice!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2003, 12:32 AM   #62
MVP

cookusu's Arena

OVR: 13

Played another game today and I was having fun, the AI is questionable at times but it is in Fever as well. I see that sometimes the run is easy, did you guys pump up the IQ too?

It is certanily a playable game with some good stuff.

Gamebreaker is out as well, but I only played that just a little, seems decent similar to Gameday, but we will see.

Old 08-29-2003, 12:44 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:

cookusu said:
Played another game today and I was having fun, the AI is questionable at times but it is in Fever as well. I see that sometimes the run is easy, did you guys pump up the IQ too?

It is certanily a playable game with some good stuff.

Gamebreaker is out as well, but I only played that just a little, seems decent similar to Gameday, but we will see.

Yeah I bumped the AI and it doesn't help. It's not the running game that's deadly it's the blocking. Check the replays and you'll see the defense won't breakaway from the blockers.

The game is pretty fun though and the graphics are slightly better than Maddens. Hopefully Sony can fix the running game next year.
Old 08-29-2003, 12:54 AM   #64
MVP

cookusu's Arena

OVR: 13

I guess I will have to play more to get a good feel for the running game, I know the CPU was running over my Butt and I was running pretty well on it, but haven't played enough to really judge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »