Home

Gameday 2004 Impressions

This is a discussion on Gameday 2004 Impressions within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2003, 01:17 AM   #65
L*rd *f th* M*n*t**s

Cincinnati_Kid's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Gameday 2004 Impressions

keep in mind i bought this upon release along with fever wed morning at EB and was blown away by the improvements in one year by 989....especially after playing fever

i was testing out the game all evening with slider adjustments difficulty levels an unfortunatley the running game simply ruined the single player experience for me

which i consider a real shame as i use to love the first few gamedays like no other and this game had recaptured the user control and pure fun of those games and improved upon it enough to bring it up to current standards to some extent

after many games of similar results i finally maxed out AI IQ ,COMPUTER RUN DEFENSE,and HALL OF FAME LEVEL

gave computer TAMPA i was the TEXANS i ran fred baxter the fullback (i had even more success with tailbacks) over n over every play switching back n forth between only 2 plays weak I.. 31 hit ,and another which escapes me at the moment

on like 18 carries i had 89 yards i dominated the defense and that was only on ONE DRIVE in the first half which i never even completed because i had spent several games as i had said previously testing this and seeing similar if not even more impressive results by fullbacks like stackhouse for the giants or using the lions fullback.....even had 115 yds in a half with james stewart on draw plays with no fullback in the formation

this saddens me because i truley felt that i had found a gem in this years version......and my disapointment with fever only fed my need for this game to be that good

and it really felt that way but someone mentioned the flaw so i gave it a good test

now i kinda wished i didnt

i am gonna still give this game a shake in multi player with my friend next time he stops by as i think it screams party game much the way the old gamedays did 96-98

and i really think anyone interested a bit in football owes this title a rent just to see how far and how hard 989 really worked this time

unfortunatley someone missed something under the hood so single player goes by the way side....

cookie look forward too more of your fever impressions always tend to rate you amoung the handfull of guys who i share taste with and trust in there opinions

i have been a bit frustrated with fever for every good thing they did it seems they took out a couple of the positives it had going for it or took away from i might have meant to say at times i like it at others i am frustrated with it.....where as gameday made me grin ear to ear from the get go

sure hope ESPN doesnt let us down im a bit underwhelmed so far after 5 football releases

(and gameday was so close )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2003, 01:40 AM   #66
sd_jeff

OVR:

Has anyone tried editing player ratings to toughen up defense?

Old 08-29-2003, 01:55 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 3

The poor souls at 989 can't make a complete game to save their lives.Although the game is good in several areas, the
easy running has blown this game again.oh well,come on espn
Old 08-29-2003, 02:08 AM   #68
MVP

OVR: 13

Hold the phone guys. I experimented a little on my own. Tonight I played a game on the hardest difficulty, AI IQ maxed at 180, and the AI Rush Defense slider all the way to the LEFT instead of the right and it really seemed to toughen up the cpu rush defense. Maybe it was a fluke since it was just one game but it did improve it for that game. Give that a try before giving up.
Old 08-29-2003, 02:10 AM   #69
L*rd *f th* M*n*t**s

Cincinnati_Kid's Arena

thanks scoop hope your right

time to warm up fred baxter...

by the way your site looks great ...good job check it out people its good stuff
Old 08-29-2003, 05:40 AM   #70
L*rd *f th* M*n*t**s

Cincinnati_Kid's Arena

well that didnt hold water im sorry to say

i used 2 plays the hole game 31 hit in weak I

and 30 iso in strong I

USING ONLY FULLBACK FRED BAXTER N THE TEXANS VS THE BUCS

refusing to take advantage of stacey mack

i ran for 96 yards on 17 carries before fred left the game with a hamstring injury

he was replaced by moran norris who compiled 234 yds 3 tds on 43 carries

as the texans won 30-28 over the defending champs

i do think your right about it being a case of the blocking being a abit too good and the great user control they have given the gamer

oh well thats disapointing
Old 08-29-2003, 10:18 AM   #71
MVP

OVR: 13

Cincy,
Try it without using the same 2 plays over and over. It's not like you'll ever play that way. Granted, that is a flaw but I would be bored to tears and feel like a total chump if my gameplan against the computer was to run every single down. Play with those settings with your normal balanced attack and see if you still feel it's a game killer. That was only a 5.5 yds per carry average which is high but not as bad as the 10+ yds per carry I was getting earlier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2003, 10:35 AM   #72
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

sd_jeff said:
Has anyone tried editing player ratings to toughen up defense?

I don't see a player editor anywhere unless I just overlooked it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »