Home

Impressions

This is a discussion on Impressions within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2003, 04:17 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Impressions

Man Fellas I am on my second copy of Fever what I have played so far rocks but for some strange reason my game keeps locking up on me. It will play and then all of a sudden freeze. i was doing the training mode and when I would snap the ball during the R & L drills it would lock up then unlock and i just keeps doing it. Then when I go to exit Training mode it freezes on the XSN screen and I then have to turn my box off. Also when I go online ( I am using a router also) it freezes when I go to start a game. It seems to happen right after both teams say ready and it heads to the team select screen. I dont know what the problem could be all my other games work no problems. Any Ideas or suggestions would be helpful. I did get a suggestion for Brian to clean my lens in my xbox which I will try. Was alos wondering if anyoine else has done this. Well Thank You in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2003, 05:30 AM   #26
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14

I know we are talking XBOX here, but when I got a chip in PSOne, I had to turn it upside down for the laser to read the disk properly, so maybe that would work. I understand it would be a pain in the *** because the box is so damn big, but that is my 2 cents!!!

I hope you get it fixed in time for our League!!!
Old 08-28-2003, 06:00 AM   #27
MVP

wayne23's Arena

It appears you can now save your online replays onto your HD or MU. Nice job MS.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:07 AM   #28
Rookie

MattRobinson17's Arena

OVR: 6

The game is much improved, animations are better, cut scenes are beautiful, field textures are incredible, gameplay is smoother, colors are bright, Coach's comments are a cool addition, one problem that should be cured is wrong jersey #'s, Sam Cowart #48...please this is inexcusable everyone knows he's #56! But otherwise I have to say the game is definitely light years better than last years version!
Old 08-28-2003, 06:41 AM   #29
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

XBox_Roughneck said:
Quote:

CLASSIFIED said:
Damn MS for not letting Sega use XSN.

Uhm, curse SEGA for not setting up something similar. Why should Microsoft do their work for them?

It's up to Sega to provide their online sports network, not Microsoft.

Right. It's been stated that the functionality has been provided to other developers. They can acces the same interfaces that make XSN possible, but they have to do the coding themselves.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:45 AM   #30
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

cookusu said:
The read and lead is too much for me, i am going with the trigger passing method which and the locked cursor, i sort of like that, except this whole read and lead system seems to me that you have to pick out your intended receiver way too soon, if you intend to pick a receiver then aim the cursor and pull the tigger, I at least have to decide who to throw to way earlier than I like to. I enjoy just sitting back watching the routes unfold and hitting someone.

I completely agree. I've really spent this video football season trying to read the defenses, and make my progressions. And Fever is setting me back years!

I am definitely locking on to my primary, and often throwing to him no matter what the coverage - but I assume I'll eventually be able to cooridnate well enough to "look" at multiple recievers.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:52 AM   #31
MVP

wayne23's Arena

Quote:

fossen said:
Quote:

cookusu said:
The read and lead is too much for me, i am going with the trigger passing method which and the locked cursor, i sort of like that, except this whole read and lead system seems to me that you have to pick out your intended receiver way too soon, if you intend to pick a receiver then aim the cursor and pull the tigger, I at least have to decide who to throw to way earlier than I like to. I enjoy just sitting back watching the routes unfold and hitting someone.

I completely agree. I've really spent this video football season trying to read the defenses, and make my progressions. And Fever is setting me back years!

I am definitely locking on to my primary, and often throwing to him no matter what the coverage - but I assume I'll eventually be able to cooridnate well enough to "look" at multiple recievers.

LOL. Don't feel alone guys... Man I went into practice mode and I tried the Read & Lead.. although it's innovative. I'm not sure if I'll even have the time to try and figure it out. I too have resulted back to the "ole skool" one button play... . I find it much easier and familiar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2003, 11:34 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Ankido said:
I would like to thank all of you for giving us your impressions. I would rather see ratings instead of just plain comments. I want to know what you guys feel for graphics, sound, gameplay, value and tilt. It would really help to know if the game is improved all around. I am currently an owner of EA's madden 2004 and I'm not all that happy with it. I'm looking forward to ESPN and Fever. Like an idiot, I'll probably go buy both of them but not after I evaluate them.

I already rented Fever 2004 and ESPN2k4 through gamefly.com. As soon as the titles are launched I'll be receiving them in the mail. I'll play fever first and then after ESPN is launched, I'll get a crack at it. If you don't know me by now, I'm one of the bigges critics on gamespot as a member. Many have told me my reviews have been perfect and down the line. Once ESPN is out, I'll be giving you a pigskin review. Don't be surprised if Madden falls 3rd on my list. Oh and the first person mode, I can tell ya already it's not all the cracked up to be as well as the "CRIB" feature. Never liked first person mode in football games unless it's real life.

Game on boys!

Can I ask how you already know first person mode isn't all it's cracked up to be?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »