Home

Impressions

This is a discussion on Impressions within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2003, 01:20 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Impressions

The Fever series still has a long way to go IMHO. The feel is not right. I think a couple of the biggest problem areas have to do with this series not taking advantage of the analog stick. Everthing to do with running is very straight. Cutting is always at a 45 or 90 degree angle. Other games allow you to round, or loop around. This is much more advanced code and a ton more realistic. Fever feels rigid and robotic because of this. It also adds to what I call the "collide and go down problem" where when there is a collision everything happens too fast. There's no sense of struggle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2003, 04:34 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

ohiost said:
The Fever series still has a long way to go IMHO. The feel is not right. I think a couple of the biggest problem areas have to do with this series not taking advantage of the analog stick. Everthing to do with running is very straight. Cutting is always at a 45 or 90 degree angle. Other games allow you to round, or loop around. This is much more advanced code and a ton more realistic. Fever feels rigid and robotic because of this. It also adds to what I call the "collide and go down problem" where when there is a collision everything happens too fast. There's no sense of struggle.

Yep, Just rented it and played for about 2 hours. Something just doesn't feel right. I love all the little extras like hall of fame trophy case, records, etc, but the gameplay still is a little non user freindly for me. It's a shame too cause I really thought this was the game I would be looking to get this year-oh well, maybe I need a little more time to play it. If not..I'll wait for ESPn, and if that doesn't do it then it;s back to madden 2003 and wait for FEVER 2005
Old 08-29-2003, 05:21 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

bucs44 said:
If only MS would get VC making their 1st party game like High Heat will be with Inside Pitch. Can you imagine EspnNfl and EspnNHL on XBOX only on XSN exclusively.

Yeah, and no Inside Drive, or WSB. No thanks. I'd take a Fever team that is pecking its way up the pole with VC still churning out their titles if it means we get two separate sports lineups. I dont want one universal provider for sports, we had that during the genny/snes days and the games suffered for it.
Old 08-30-2003, 12:51 AM   #68
MVP

cookusu's Arena

OVR: 13

The more I play it I am starting to like it. Using the juke move seems to take care of some of the control problems on the running game, not my preferred choice but it gives you the shake you need to get a couple extra yards that you won't get from just moving the controller around.

I am struggling a bit on defense and at this point I would like to blame the defenders that the CPU is creating.

This game looks great, odd player models aside and the more time i give it, I have to admit it is growing on me.

Old 08-30-2003, 12:53 AM   #69
Rookie

wingtcoach's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm just dissapointed right now. Madden online is ten times better. The momentum on this game is way off and the way it cut scenes to a tackle is low rent.
Old 08-30-2003, 06:26 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 15

The game isn't perfect by any means. If Microsoft addresses the controls for next year (too many buttons), it would be a step in the right direction. Some say the game lacks identity i.e. is it a sim or arcade football, Microsoft should address that if it's valid.

The one thing I like is the pickup and play, it reminds me of Gameday 98. I do like Fever 2004 this year. Hopefully MS can tweak and refine the product so tohers can give it a look next year.
Old 08-31-2003, 09:06 AM   #71
Rookie

chainsaw4099's Arena

OVR: 4

i would rate fever an 8 overall.i believe it needs a better pass rush ,sliders for both cpu and human which l believe all games should have because everyone is different in there playing ability.all and all not a bad game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2003, 02:30 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2

The offense is once again cheesy with the sticky blocking of the offensive line and the dropped interceptions? What the hell is up with that? At least they should allow sliders so that the user can define that aspect of the game. I'm loving it, but my brother keeps calling me a "Microsoft whore" for not returning it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »