Home

Question about Read and Lead

This is a discussion on Question about Read and Lead within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2003, 09:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Question about Read and Lead

What's up, guys.

I LOVE this new passing mode (especially unlocked). However, as I play with it I can't help but wonder if the passing cursor gives the defense a advantage when playing a two player game. Think about it, since the defense can see the player move the cursor around the screen and pick out a receiver, it gives the defender that extra split second to adjust and make a play on the ball.

I haven't played online yet. Is there any truth to what I am saying?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2003, 10:21 PM   #2
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Question about Read and Lead

there is that possibility.

Dan commented on this earlier and I buy his assessment that it is MORE real like the NFL as you can look off a receiver and fake the pass (with the cursor).

i know it seems like we don't have the time for that kind of control now, but eventually we will be very good at it...eventualy

In the meantime, the adjustment necessary is pretty split-second and I really doubt that it gives an opponent an advantage.

they even have a button to put the defender CLOSER to the CURSOR (not the ball) to make it easier for the defender to make a play on a pass.

i doubt they would do that after testing if there was any question that it would make it too easy for the D.

My two cents.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:22 PM   #3
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

I aslso have a question....has anybody tried using the Left trigger to completely pull the receiver off his route?

Is this more or less successful?

thanks

sorry to TJ.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:42 PM   #4
NFL F*v*r

OVR: 2

Quote:

Klocker2 said:

I aslso have a question....has anybody tried using the Left trigger to completely pull the receiver off his route?

Is this more or less successful?

thanks

sorry to TJ.

This can be very useful, but on harder difficulty levels, the receiver's reaction time is slower so it's a little more risky.

Dan
Old 08-28-2003, 05:26 AM   #5
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14

I have used it sometimes when my WR is going deep and is doubled covered, I will bring him back toward the line of scrimage. The only problem that I have noticed with this is that my WR momentum carries him 3 yards closer towards the line making the completion not as long. But it mirrors real-life in that regard!!!

Overall, RnL has to be the best passing mode I have ever played!!! When going back to single-button-passing, it loses some of the fun and especailly the challenge!!!

Great Job MS...looking forward to your other titles this year!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »