Home

Where is your money going this year: Madden or NCAA

This is a discussion on Where is your money going this year: Madden or NCAA within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Where is your money going this year: NCAA or Madden
NCAA Football 12 59 31.89%
Madden 12 26 14.05%
Both 73 39.46%
Undecided 27 14.59%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2011, 09:15 PM   #65
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Where is your money going this year: Madden or NCAA

No football games again for me this year.
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 01:58 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

Friend has NCAA and I bought Madden

NCAA > Madden
Old 09-09-2011, 09:24 AM   #67
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Both, and got 3 friends to pick up NCAA instead of Madden for the first time so we can do an online dynasty. They don't even watch college football (nor do I).
Old 11-30-2011, 02:52 PM   #68
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: NCAA

Well, my money ended up going on All Pro Football 2K8. Best $1.99 I've ever spent.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 11-30-2011, 10:12 PM   #69
Banned

I'm definitely getting NCAA this year, and tempted to get madden, mostly because Hillis is on the cover, and somewhat because i haven't bought madden since 08.

Last edited by Marcus521; 11-30-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #70
Rookie

I like your writing style. It is easy to understand the content of the article.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #71
Banned

Madden is amazing. For everything people are complaining about, its way better than any other football game Ive played really. Reminiscent of 2k5 with tons of tackles that vary based on speed strength size of the players and angle of pursuit/tackle attempt.

Passing is so much better now with different arcs as long as you remember not to bullet every pass! Connected careers is the deepest mode Ive ever seen for a franchise or superstar type game. You can change the philosophy for ANY starting position. That means you can have a run blocking rt and pass blocking left tackle like most teams in the nfl. You could put them both at passing if you pass more or run if you run more. The kicker? What ever philosophy you choose will change what attributes are important to that style of player.

For instance, a power rb needs trucking and carry, while a speed rb wants speed acceleration and agility. They will always have the exact same attributes, but they will weigh differently towards the overall rating. So the same player could be a 70 75 85 91 or 79 starting overall, depending on his ratings and the philosophy you have it set at.

NO TEAM WILL EVER VALUE THE SAME PLAYERS UNLESS THEY HAVE THE SAME PHILOSOPHY AT THAT POSITION. It changes how the cpu scouts and signs/extends players. It changes how the players play on the field. There isnt a better madden period. 2k5 might have it beat still on presentation because of halftime shows and weekly wrapups with simulated plays. But thats about all it has on madden 2013 now.

And Im a 2k fanboy, not a madden one. I never thought madden was better than ANY 2k football game(or basketball for that matter, ea was pretty crappy comparably speaking, still kinda is when it comes to basketball at least).

Rent the game and play it how it was made, not complain about what you miss from last year. Most things that didnt make the cut this year were just not capable of fitting into the schedule with everything else they were overhauling. I didnt even buy ncaa this year because I was so disappointed with last year. This years madden is 10x better than any madden before and most other football games period....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #72
Rookie

Neither. Just gonna stick to APF 2K8 until EA makes a good football game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »