Home

What do you think about the review at IGN?

This is a discussion on What do you think about the review at IGN? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2003, 03:28 AM   #1
Rookie

staffan's Arena

OVR: 6
What do you think about the review at IGN?

Well the game is not out here in Europe yet but i follow what you are writing and thinking.
It feels as alot of you are very positiv.
So what are you thinking about this review and reviewer?

www.xbox.ign.com/articles/435/435967p1.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2003, 03:48 AM   #2
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What do you think about the review at IGN?

I think he has grown up on a steady diet of Madden or 2KX and he misses out on all of the "fun" factor that this title brings and instead looks for ways to compare it to his "tried and true".

Quote:

Graphics
Grass and dirt stains on unis still look like paint. In fact everything looks the same when you get right down to it.

I mean seriously.....this is all he can summarize regarding the graphics?

That's just sad journalism.

Old 08-29-2003, 03:58 AM   #3
Rookie

staffan's Arena

Klocker
I have not played the game but I have seen 1092 movies and I have not seen what he writes about.
I get the feeling that he is negativ all the way.
Well, that is maybe what happends when EA chooses to put their big ads at IGN!?
Old 08-29-2003, 04:17 AM   #4
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Face it guys, I TRULY believe that IGN is no longer a reliable and IMPARTIAL source for things like this. The day the reviewers can look at a competitive, non-EA game without comparing it to the EA rival will be the day I, personally, start paying attention to what they write. They're stuff is pretty bad now.
Old 08-29-2003, 04:26 AM   #5
Rookie

staffan's Arena

Agree Boiler.
But many people read it and it still has a huge impact I believe.
The big thing is that I dont feel that it is a serious review, it is not good journalism.
And I am not defending Fever, I have not even played it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2003, 04:34 AM   #6
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

To be honest with you, I think Fever falls well below Madden and the 2k series. But that is just my personal opinion and that opinion definitely doesn't mean that I think it's a bad game. I think it's FAR above the rest of the pack, that's for sure. But for these guys to come out and talk like the game is not making progress is total bs. I completely agree with you - it's HORRIBLE journalism. IMO, I TRULY feel as if they just yanked a couple of dweebs off of the street to do the reviews after Dave Z left. It's as if they stole a former EA tester or some ****e. And people are supposed to PAY for this?!?!

I guess you can tell I don't respect IGN very much huh?
Old 08-29-2003, 05:03 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:

Boilerbuzz said:
To be honest with you, I think Fever falls well below Madden and the 2k series. But that is just my personal opinion and that opinion definitely doesn't mean that I think it's a bad game. I think it's FAR above the rest of the pack, that's for sure. But for these guys to come out and talk like the game is not making progress is total bs. I completely agree with you - it's HORRIBLE journalism. IMO, I TRULY feel as if they just yanked a couple of dweebs off of the street to do the reviews after Dave Z left. It's as if they stole a former EA tester or some ****e. And people are supposed to PAY for this?!?!

I guess you can tell I don't respect IGN very much huh?

I agree with that. I stopped relying on IGNreviews a long time ago. If I want accurate reviews I either go to Gamespot.com or I wait for OS to release a review. Typically IGN flowers there reviews for some and will lower it for others.

Is Fever 2004 the ultimate gaming experience, no. But it's a solid game. Judge by the people who post here and have played the game. I think it's well done. It's certainly plays a competitive game of football. And it brings that pickup and play element that I like.

My only knock on Fever 2004 I can find is that the controls don't feel intuitive. Maybe that's because i'm use to Sega's and Ea's games. With those two games I know what controls the swim move or switching players. Microsoft does it a different way. It takes some getting use to. It would be nice if Fever 2005 could standardise on what EA and Sega are doing.

But that's the only knock I can find, Fever 2004 isn't crap like IGN makes it out to be, and Madden 2004 isn't as good as IGN makes it out to be either.
Old 08-29-2003, 05:45 AM   #8
Rookie

staffan's Arena

Well put Rodster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »