Home

Fever 2004 : Do players perform like they do in the NFL?

This is a discussion on Fever 2004 : Do players perform like they do in the NFL? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2003, 01:17 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Fever 2004 : Do players perform like they do in the NFL?

Quote:

grunt said:
I saw Mike Vick get ran down also by a defensive end, opps that was when he broke his leg in a real game. Go figure.

HA. and ouch. no but seriously, if Trung Canidate has anything at all, its speed. but not in this game. the rosters ARE being updated but what they need to be is FIXED.
Old 08-30-2003, 01:48 PM   #10
MVP

XBox_Roughneck's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

illdefined said:
Quote:

grunt said:
I saw Mike Vick get ran down also by a defensive end, opps that was when he broke his leg in a real game. Go figure.

HA. and ouch. no but seriously, if Trung Canidate has anything at all, its speed. but not in this game. the rosters ARE being updated but what they need to be is FIXED.

Then the question arises.

Can a defensive end...on the first play from scrimmage..****n down Michael Vick in the open field?

In otherwords, do the SPEED/acceleration ratings come into effect?

I'm assuming Michael Vick has a higher speed/acceleration rating than any defensive lineman.
Old 08-30-2003, 02:29 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:

XBox_Roughneck said:
Quote:

illdefined said:
Quote:

grunt said:

Then the question arises.

Can a defensive end...on the first play from scrimmage..****n down Michael Vick in the open field?

In otherwords, do the SPEED/acceleration ratings come into effect?

I'm assuming Michael Vick has a higher speed/acceleration rating than any defensive lineman.

That is the main issue. Its how a defensive end run down a player. Its not all about speed/acc but on pursuit and angles. The reason why you see offensive linemen tackle faster linebackers and cornerback on int returns in real football (except in Madden 2004)is not because thay have great speed but take the correct angles.

Now if Vick have a lead on a de and he get run down from a staight line then there is something terrible wrong but when I get run down on the PRO level is usually a good pursuit angle.

Peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2003, 02:33 PM   #12
MVP

XBox_Roughneck's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

grunt said:

Now if Vick have a lead on a de and he get run down from a staight line then there is something terrible wrong but when I get run down on the PRO level is usually a good pursuit angle.

Peace

That's what I meant of course.
Old 08-30-2003, 03:12 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

i adjusted the player ratings inclduind vicks speed/accleration and that helped
Old 08-30-2003, 03:22 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've been pretty satisfied with the performance of the players so far. For instance I use the Titans most of the time. If I scramble with McNair, I think he runs pretty much like he does in real life. I can usually scramble with him if I get in trouble for a pretty decent gain. Eddie George runs like he does in real life as well, I'll usually run him about 25-30 carries a game and his stats will usually average about 3.5 yards per carry or so. Quite a few 2,3, and 4 yard gains, a few losses, and an occasional 15-20 yarder or so. My only complaint is in all-pro difficulty I can't seem to hold onto the ball, Eddie has a bad case of fumbleitous for me and my recivers drop alot of passes, but that could be because of my crappy R&L skills putting them in really bad situations. If I were a reciever in the NFL I would hate me being the QB, I tend to hang recievers out to dry more often than not.

Old 08-30-2003, 03:48 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

like i said after i bumbed up the stats correctly i get good results i use vick to scramble and thorw on the run and price usually comes up with the reception also farve is very accurate as is Gannon rise and brown are threats garner runs like hes supposed to i thnk players play like themselves i never saw jim miller run for a gain in this game BTW im loving the dirt infields of the raiders and dolphins
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2003, 04:04 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

BuccaneerFan said:
The answer is a rather obvious no.

How on earth can Rich Gannon and Brad Johnson have the same speed rating in this game? Do the programmers even watch the NFL? The ratings are seriously flawed.

You think Gannon is that fast? Obviously I haven't timed him in the 40 but it seems like he has really slowed down the last couple of years. He was fast years ago when he was with the Vikings but scrambling-wise he sure ain't what he used to be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »