Home

I gave it an honest shot.

This is a discussion on I gave it an honest shot. within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2003, 01:15 AM   #9
NFL F*v*r

OVR: 2
Re: I gave it an honest shot.

Quote:

jubjub said:
A year doesn't give you much time when your developing a game. Look at madden, it took them a year to add playmaker control.

This is so true. You have to decide which parts to upgrade each year. Eventually you have a complete nearly-perfect experience, but it takes a long time. Hopefully, each year includes enough stuff to keep the game fun and worth buying, but it's certainly an evolutionary process. I know many people understand this, but many don't unfortunately.

Dan
Old 09-02-2003, 06:33 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 15

Fever 2004 is a solid game that MS will surely improve on. Like Dan said it takes time. Madden is in it's 14th year.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:43 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:

MS_CanesFan said:
Quote:

jubjub said:
A year doesn't give you much time when your developing a game. Look at madden, it took them a year to add playmaker control.

This is so true. You have to decide which parts to upgrade each year. Eventually you have a complete nearly-perfect experience, but it takes a long time. Hopefully, each year includes enough stuff to keep the game fun and worth buying, but it's certainly an evolutionary process. I know many people understand this, but many don't unfortunately.

Dan

I say that's total bs on your behalf.
Look at what Visual Concepts did with thier 2k series this year, forget about which game is better but just look at the amount of things ESPn football added/changed this year.

From reading an interveiw I seen that Visual Concepts has over 100 employess, I do not know how deep the Microsoft Game studios development team is.

Nfl Fever in my opinion needs this
----------------------------------
*#1 priority the commentary, it is how you um horrible,boring,robotic,off,does'nt flow, yeah that's about it
*A better running game, moves are noot as responsive & tight as they should be

* The momentum needs to be toned down, on defense it is almost basically impossible to cover receivers ( All--pro_ due to the momentum

* Blockers are not intelligent enough to break off from thier assignment to pick up blitzers

* Speed is not equal on both sides of the ball, cpu controlled players are faster than yours

* If my defensive player has an opportunity for an interception why does he smack down the ball?

Honestly I gave fever 3 years to improve & still nothing for my taste.
The main thing that needs to be focused is animations, this is the reson why the 2Kseries is still the best playing football game in my opinion.

Hopefully you guys (Development Team) made your money , but I seriously doubt that your team will continue to have jobs with these half *** games year after year.

$50.00 is alot of money, & in my heart & unbiased opinion I feel that your team did not work hard enough to bring me that game I wanted.

I'm out
, peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2003, 09:00 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have to agree with the above poster on this one. Sega/VC seems to have put more into this years ESPN then both Madden and Fever combined to tell you the truth. EA and MS need to take a lesson from Sega/VC in hard work developing these football games.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:04 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:

Look at what Visual Concepts did with thier 2k series this year, forget about which game is better but just look at the amount of things ESPn football added/changed this year.

From reading an interveiw I seen that Visual Concepts has over 100 employess, I do not know how deep the Microsoft Game studios development team is.

Hopefully you guys (Development Team) made your money , but I seriously doubt that your team will continue to have jobs with these half *** games year after year.

$50.00 is alot of money, & in my heart & unbiased opinion I feel that your team did not work hard enough to bring me that game I wanted.

I'm out
, peace

Tears2040 wow, I personally like Fever this year but seeing you don't like it, EBgames will take your Fever2004 and $19.99 and you'll get ESPN Football.

Peace
Old 09-02-2003, 10:11 AM   #14
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Rodster said:
Quote:

I'm out
, peace

Tears2040 wow, I personally like Fever this year but seeing you don't like it, EBgames will take your Fever2004 and $19.99 and you'll get ESPN Football.

Peace

Hehe, I'm not going that route. I'm taking my Fever back for a complete refund. I called my EB manager and told him how awful the game was and he said he would have no problem just exchanging it for ESPN tomorrow. If you guys have a decent EB manager, you aren't stuck with Fever, just tell him your honest opinion of the game and they should let you return it.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:21 AM   #15
bad1550

OVR:

Quote:

Badgun said:
Quote:

Rodster said:
Quote:

My EB manager told me the same thing! Yea

I'm out
, peace

Peace

Hehe, I'm not going that route. I'm taking my Fever back for a complete refund. I called my EB manager and told him how awful the game was and he said he would have no problem just exchanging it for ESPN tomorrow. If you guys have a decent EB manager, you aren't stuck with Fever, just tell him your honest opinion of the game and they should let you return it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2003, 11:05 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is so true. You have to decide which parts to upgrade each year. Eventually you have a complete nearly-perfect experience, but it takes a long time. Hopefully, each year includes enough stuff to keep the game fun and worth
buying, but it's certainly an evolutionary process. I know many people understand this, but many don't unfortunately.

ohhhhhh please i thought you said you'd had ricky williams down pat in this game wheres the dreads? i thought you said this game is very drasitcally different its not and i wasted 50$ on this sucky game i feel cheated

Dan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »