Home

Improvements for 2005

This is a discussion on Improvements for 2005 within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2003, 12:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Improvements for 2005

I'm enjoying 2004 alot. I've logged close to 50 games online all Read and Lead and have loved every addicting second of it. Naturally, there are some things that I think need some tweaking and some things that i'd like to see added to make 2005 even better:

[When playing defense against Read & Lead, the cursor should not show on the screen if the controlled defender is not facing the QB.]

Reason being is if the cursor is simulating the QBs eyes, a defender running backward shouldnt be able to see it

[Fair catches and movement on Kickoffs?]

Not sure what happened here fellas but this is a big NO NO.

[Team specific playbooks]

Just say yes. This makes every team play differently giving a more varied experience from team to team.

[Penalize no huddle abusers.]

I like the idea of false starts happening more frequently to discourage no huddles. Either that, or make fatigue a huge factor after a certain number of no huddles.

[Simplify Defensive Macros]

Some of the buttons on the macros could use better button placement. For instance, why is STOP RUN INSIDE the "B" Button? It should be the "A" button. The buttons for STOP RUN LEFT/RIGHT should be mapped to "X"/"B" respectively.

The pass coverage macros would be better off handled by a different button IMO. Maybe the right analog stick? It's kind of hard to remember all of the buttons for the coverages and even harder to scroll over in time to see it before a snap.

I'll add to this thread if I come up with more as I will definitely be putting in plenty more playtime.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2003, 01:00 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Improvements for 2005

I'd add the tackling model needs to be refined. I've seen plays where a guy will be blocked towards the right, and it will appear that he is falling down, and I'll run to his left and he'll miraculously tackle me. The contact should be variable, some hits are tackle worthy hits, while others are simply brush off hits, or arm/finger grabs. Also, the size needs to more noticeable. Ricky Williams vs. a corner should pretty much be the same, him running the corner over and falling down sometimes, or continueing other times. If a DB weighs less than 200, he shouldn't be launching him back 3 yards like he's Urlacher. Same thing should apply when a lineman picks up a fumble, the QB shouldn't be able to lay a hit on him like that. I notice it also on kickoff returns. The tackling has made huge strides since 2002, but there is still some work to be done.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:31 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

Yea, I agree with just about everything said so far. Tackling model does need to continue to see improvement.

So here are my suggestions for next year:

Playbook: More plays this year and some specific plays for each team but I want to see more of this and I'd like to see playbooks tailored to the team's style on BOTH offense and defense.

Player Models: While this has improved quite a bit, I'd like more variety, maybe make it all variable to weight, height, etc.? Also I would like to see more helmet designs and what not to not only increase the realism but to be diverse as well. More accesories (Different visors), etc. Something else to do with player models are uniforms, more alternates are a must and you MUST get the home and away jerseys right, its not that big of a change (This has been mentioned quite a bit, Cowboys come to mind.)

Atmosphere: Some improvements but I'd like to see more. Pre-game warmups (ala ESPN etc.), better fan banter/interaction, playoff atmosphere really needs a boost, haven't gotten to the Super Bowl so I don't know about that.

Fields: While Fever has the most absolute gorgeous fields I've ever seen in a football game, I didn't see fieldturf or nextturf or whatever you call it. I'd like that to be in the next game.

I was going to complain about the money-ness of the slant routes until they got shutdown by the Miami D.

And as always, more animations, maybe a faster speed setting like the speed of fever 03?

Oh yes, another biggie, the separate play and sim clocks, and also the choice of playing quarter lengths from 3-15. I could use an extra minute or so to get the numbers I want. (I'm playing 5 minutes)

Thats about it for my thoughts, and I'll need to hook up xbox live again to get some online gaming on.

Old 09-05-2003, 01:14 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Saqs said:
[Simplify Defensive Macros]

Some of the buttons on the macros could use better button placement. For instance, why is STOP RUN INSIDE the "B" Button? It should be the "A" button. The buttons for STOP RUN LEFT/RIGHT should be mapped to "X"/"B" respectively.

I hate that. I wish the defensive run macros were x=left a=inside b=right.
Old 09-05-2003, 02:36 PM   #5
Rookie

[Field Goals Are Too Easy]

I see way too many 50+ yard FGs being made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2003, 03:27 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Try all-fever, with wind.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:32 AM   #7
Rookie

[QBs too accurate (One button passing)]

I see way too many perfectly thrown lob balls downfield hitting the WR perfectly in stride with the QB rolling out and throwing off of his back foot.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:59 AM   #8
Rookie

I have a question for Dan (or whoever).

In one button passing, does it take into account if the QB is throwing on the move like Read & Lead does? It certainly doesnt seem like it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »