Home

If YOU want to invent a great football game like ESPN NFL 2K5...

This is a discussion on If YOU want to invent a great football game like ESPN NFL 2K5... within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
If YOU want to invent a great football game like ESPN NFL 2K5...

...then you have to compare Madden NFL and ESPN NFL and do a little research on football books like "Football for Dummies" and some fact and record books. That's what I would do if I would make a superb football game.

My ideas are:

1. CUSTOM SOUNDTRACK and IN STADIUM SOUNDS! They are a must for any sport game. EA Sports, take notes at MLB 11: The Show and NHL 11. If you did this for NCAA 11, you do this for Madden NFL 12!

2. An in-depth Franchise mode. ESPN NFL 2K5 did a superior Franchise mode in my opinion. I would create some more pizazz to it by tweaking the trading blocks, salary caps, and the free agent pool before preseason, etc. Maybe add the interactive training exercises instead of point and clicking found in ESPN NFL 2K5. A SportsCenter like Sports Show should have more coverage and more newscasters showing up in training camps, interviews with coaches, GMs, players, etc. I can go on with this!

3. Even though the presentation is spot on in NFL 2K5, they should include Super Bowl halftime concerts when in the Super Bowl. After the post game report, you can interact with the reporter how the game went by respecting the other team, how the teamwork game went, and so forth... OR, you can interact with a Roller Derby type interview, daring some teams to do better, mocking your other team will lose the Pro Bowl or Super Bowl, or argue with another player or head coach with Suzy Kolber in the action. Have her say "Which one of these teams will go to the Super Bowl in Dallas? Will it be Pittsburgh... or will it be Green Bay? I know I'm not gonna miss it!"

4. If Downloadable Content should happen, they should make yearly challenges like Super Bowls from the late 60's to beyond. If you win any of those challenges, you win some stuff for your Crib that dealt with the challenge, unlockable teams with players that go to the free agent pool, etc. Old stadiums would be nice too.

5. If the Wild Card games, Division, Conference, and Bowl games commence, you gotta have the recaps and replays of the teams that made the bracket seeds and berths. How about that?

Those are my ideas on how a perfect football game should be. I'll be back with more ideas.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »