Home

ESPN NCAA video game in 2004

This is a discussion on ESPN NCAA video game in 2004 within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2003, 04:39 PM   #17
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: ESPN NCAA video game in 2004

NCAA CB 2K3 was far superior to March Madness and NBA 2K3 was better than Live. The problem I had with EA basketball games were that each team played in the same generic arena. NCAA CB2K3 had real arenas for the big schools and the arenas for the smaller schools resembled their real life counterparts. Also CB2K3 had every division 1 conference and team whereas MM had only 160 or so.
The only thing that CB2K3 could've used is gameplay sliders like NBA 2K3 had. I'm sure they'll add them this year.

When it comes to football I'll give EA the slight edge, but basketball, hockey, and baseball Sega's games are better.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:40 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

ADW said:
NCAA CB 2K3 was far superior to March Madness and NBA 2K3 was better than Live. The problem I had with EA basketball games were that each team played in the same generic arena. NCAA CB2K3 had real arenas for the big schools and the arenas for the smaller schools resembled their real life counterparts. Also CB2K3 had every division 1 conference and team whereas MM had only 160 or so.
The only thing that CB2K3 could've used is gameplay sliders like NBA 2K3 had. I'm sure they'll add them this year.

When it comes to football I'll give EA the slight edge, but basketball, hockey, and baseball Sega's games are better.

Pro basketball, I'll agree. But Sega's college game was crap. Maybe they had all the arenas, but the game was so slow and unresponsive, that it was just flat out boring to play.

March Madness was no treat, either, but I still think it played much better than Sega's game. I remember being all excited because Sega was making a college basketball game. Then I remember playing a few games, and not being able to finish any of the games. It was just horrific.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:52 AM   #19
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

What would happen to kirk and lee if espn made a college football game. it would screw up the whole ncaa series. i truly hope espn doesnt make a game for this reason.
Old 09-30-2003, 09:57 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

make them do both haha but as for having all the courts in 2k3, they DID NOT....the USA at Texas Tech, one of the finest new facilities in the country was not on there. HOW COULD THEY MESS THAT UP?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »