Home

NFL Fever Forum - Remember me?????

This is a discussion on NFL Fever Forum - Remember me????? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2003, 11:05 AM   #9
MVP

XBox_Roughneck's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NFL Fever Forum - Remember me?????

I had it until ESPN came out. It had it's moments, but it wasn't the title for me. R&L is nice. Audio is nice (not the commentary).
Old 09-18-2003, 11:20 AM   #10
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:

Kilmer said:
So I take it the XSN just does not add enough to the game to make it worthwhile

XSN was cool, but not quite enough to make me want to play fever most. Fever wasn't terrible, but I enjoy ESPN a whole lot more. I think XSN will be fun for Links and Top Spin though, because those games will be top quality, and XSN won't have to carry anything.
Old 09-19-2003, 12:38 AM   #11
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

onyx said:
R&L is very cool. Have not seen the concept in a football game for almost 10 years.

For me this is a very new and totally different why to see football(in a game) to have the game give you the option to control the game speed is kinda cool helps me read coverages in this game which makes me better at ESPN and Madden. I know its not the most strategic stategy game out there but its good.Good enought for me to still pull it out and just enjoy be cause I just enjoy football this game is FUN in a good way Kinda like watching FOOTBALL in a not so serious way.Then, theres Madden when you want to be serious or ESPN whichever I like'em both.Its different and has its own style and no sliders makes it simple.After awhile adjusting you just can't adjust anymore,with Fever its pretty basic,it either does it for you or it doesn't have any excues,take it back no problem.Hopefully you're left with the memory of at least an OK Football Video game not a really serious game but just good enough.Me myself I'm BIASED I like College,Pro,High School just Football.I commend the hard work those guys put out even if it isn't the power houses that ESPN and Madden are its a new Kid on the block and I'd like to get to know him before he grows up into a Madden,ESPN.Maybe one day when this kid grows up he'll look into the camers and say Hi coach. As you can tell I like this GAME thats what is a game and this game is FUN, that is for me.So give it a little love its got a Future in Video Gaming Football watch and see.Go BUCKEYES
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2003, 05:49 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 10

R&L was nice, but I don't have the time to play it at the moment. I might trade it in for ESPN...I dunno yet, since I probably won't have time to play that.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:00 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I still play it. Though the first person view on ESPN is pretty fun.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:52 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I still play it (Read and Lead only) and I now hate one button. It's just to easy to run up the score with one button, IMO. I know that this game has it's lumps, but I like RnL and XSN enough for me to not care about them.
Old 09-19-2003, 02:54 PM   #15
*t's * 'B*rgh Th*ng!

OVR: 4

I'm now hitting over 55% of my passes with Read & Lead (insert congratulations here ....thanks)

My only real gripe with this game is the simmed stats on anything other than 5-minute quarters. That just stinks! I believe that if you take the time to introduce an 8-minute quarter option into the game, then sim the stats for 8 minutes. For me, 5-minute quarters isn't long enough.

Oh yeah, BTW, last night I took a kickoff 93 yards to the house! With Lee Mays of the Steelers. Yeah, so it was against Cincy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2003, 04:33 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 7

For me this is a very new and totally different why to see football(in a game) to have the game give you the option to control the game speed is kinda cool helps me read coverages in this game which makes me better at ESPN and Madden. I know its not the most strategic stategy game out there but its good.Good enought for me to still pull it out and just enjoy be cause I just enjoy football this game is FUN in a good way Kinda like watching FOOTBALL in a not so serious way.Then, theres Madden when you want to be serious or ESPN whichever I like'em both.Its different and has its own style and no sliders makes it simple.After awhile adjusting you just can't adjust anymore,with Fever its pretty basic,it either does it for you or it doesn't have any excues,take it back no problem.Hopefully you're left with the memory of at least an OK Football Video game not a really serious game but just good enough.Me myself I'm BIASED I like College,Pro,High School just Football.I commend the hard work those guys put out even if it isn't the power houses that ESPN and Madden are its a new Kid on the block and I'd like to get to know him before he grows up into a Madden,ESPN.Maybe one day when this kid grows up he'll look into the camers and say Hi coach. As you can tell I like this GAME thats what is a game and this game is FUN, that is for me.So give it a little love its got a Future in Video Gaming Football watch and see.Go BUCKEYES

This is exactly why I like it.
It's not as technical as Madden or ESPN. Which is not a bad thing on their part either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »