Home

Does the CPU run the ball?

This is a discussion on Does the CPU run the ball? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2003, 12:52 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Does the CPU run the ball?

How is the CPU pass/run playcalling in FEVER 2004? Does it just call pass play after pass play or does it run the football often? Some old football games had issues where the CPU would pass the ball most plays and rarely run the ball. Is this an issue in FEVER 2004? I ask these questions because I have never played FEVER before and would like to know more about the game before I buy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2003, 02:41 PM   #2
D*lph*ns m*k* m* cry

Re: Does the CPU run the ball?

Don't buy it. If you slammed ESPN I hate to think what you would do to FEVER. You would have a field day just on the outcome of the sim stats.
Old 09-25-2003, 03:01 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:

marino13 said:
Don't buy it. If you slammed ESPN I hate to think what you would do to FEVER. You would have a field day just on the outcome of the sim stats.

Do you even own NFL FEVER 2004? I NEVER slammed ESPN, but discussed some of the issues in the passing game. I want ESPN to get better and that can only happen if the developers are aware of the problems.
Old 09-25-2003, 04:11 PM   #4
D*lph*ns m*k* m* cry

Yes I own Fever 2004.
Old 09-25-2003, 05:19 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Unfortunatley the CPU only runs the ball only around 5% of it's total plays. That's using 5 minute quarters on Veteran or All-Pro.

Once you give Read and Lead passing a try, and successfully complete more than 50% of your passes, you'll find this game to be very enjoyable, and a solid addition to this year's football titles.

Give Fever a rental at the very least, and remember you can't listen to all these people comparing the different football titles (this one's better, that one's better, etc.) The bottom line is all of these titles have something great to offer, regardless of play style...Football!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2003, 06:35 PM   #6
*t's * 'B*rgh Th*ng!

OVR: 4

Well, I don't know...I think it depends on what team you're playing and what the situation is:

I was the Steelers playing the Browns. 8 minute quarters on veteran. Through the better part of 3 quarters, it was 17-12 Steelers. The Browns had run the ball 18 times versus 21 pass plays. I scored 2 TD's in the fourth quarter to put them away 31-12. The last TD was sweeeeeet! The Browns, who were now passing on most plays down 24-12, drove to inside my 10. Tim Couch tried to throw a quick slant to the outside. I stepped in front of the pass with Dewayne Washington, picked it off in stride, and returned it 78 yards. Three plays later, the Bus rumbled in off right tackle. Now, the final stats showed Cleveland running 23 times and passing 45. But, again, that's pretty realistic given the situation.
Old 09-26-2003, 11:08 AM   #7
MVP

XBox_Roughneck's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

LIGHTNING said:
How is the CPU pass/run playcalling in FEVER 2004? Does it just call pass play after pass play or does it run the football often? Some old football games had issues where the CPU would pass the ball most plays and rarely run the ball. Is this an issue in FEVER 2004? I ask these questions because I have never played FEVER before and would like to know more about the game before I buy it.

If realistic CPU playcalling is important to you NFL Fever is probably not the title you'll want to pick up.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:23 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:

XBox_Roughneck said:

If realistic CPU playcalling is important to you NFL Fever is probably not the title you'll want to pick up.

Guess which game this guy DOES recommend for realistic play calling? (As if there is an A.I. that is "more realistic" than the other) Funny stuff! I'm sure ESPN is an awesome game, but are you an VC salesman, or do you get commission for making their competitors seem unworthy of play?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »