Home

Best Football Game Ever? (Madden/2K)

This is a discussion on Best Football Game Ever? (Madden/2K) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2012, 12:30 AM   #105
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Best Football Game Ever? (Madden/2K)

Definitely NFL 2k5. I bought it entirely on a whim when I saw it for sale at release for $20. Probably the best deal I've ever scored on a video game. I was surprised to see how good it was, to say the least. Even in the eight years since then, Madden has been unable to duplicate its success in terms of gameplay and presentation.

I'm glad EA is losing the exclusive licensing, but I'm still not convinced that 2K or anyone else is going to throw their hat in the ring. IMHO, 2K would be foolish to miss out on the opportunity to seize the NFL game market. It might actually push EA to make a decent Madden for once, as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 0
I last posted when I just received 2k5 In the mail buying it off of eBay, I am now 3 seasons in and having great fun/good frustration with this game. Haha first season with the raiders I went 5-11. Off season made some moves, 2nd season 10-6 with a wildcard loss to the patriots, more off season moves, 3rd season I went 14-2 with a 8 game win streak, first round bye and homefield advantage. . Kill the steelers in the divisional playoffs 35-7, all that hard work just to lose to te bengals in the AFC conference championship 37-27. I say fun and frustratin because its so much fun to take a losing team to the top. And to make it so far in a season to come short is frustrating lol. I will prolly play until I get a Super Bowl victory an then play some other games until next season. In madden I either won too many Super Bowls or couldn't make the playoffs. This game has a good balance. It's almost like real life where ratings have a impact, but at the same time you can't underestimate low rates teams and you gotta treat each game differently. Would love to see NFL 2K in this gen, APF doesn't count to me although its a 2K game.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #107
Banned

AaronS444's Arena

Madden 2005

1. Last version the sim enginge wasn't complete bullocks
2. Great improvements were being made, not just baby steps taken since
3. Gameplay balanced out. Not perfect, but the best to that point.

I've probably logged the most gametime on 2008, thanks to the editors and the fact that I can manipulate just about anything I want franchise-wise. But 2008 has some issues it just can't overcome (busted sim engine, graphics)

'12 and '13 vault right up to the top now that an editor has been created. If editors for those versions turn out as they did for the cpu versions, they'll be the best hands down.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #108
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronS444
Madden 2005

1. Last version the sim enginge wasn't complete bullocks
2. Great improvements were being made, not just baby steps taken since
3. Gameplay balanced out. Not perfect, but the best to that point.

I've probably logged the most gametime on 2008, thanks to the editors and the fact that I can manipulate just about anything I want franchise-wise. But 2008 has some issues it just can't overcome (busted sim engine, graphics)

'12 and '13 vault right up to the top now that an editor has been created. If editors for those versions turn out as they did for the cpu versions, they'll be the best hands down.
What are these editors your talking about. I must be missing out. Can someone give me a little more info on them please? Thanks in advanced
Old 11-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #109
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinoiztino
What are these editors your talking about. I must be missing out. Can someone give me a little more info on them please? Thanks in advanced

I do not know about the editors, but I do know that APF2K8 is the best football game ever made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »