Home

Officially done with football games until EA ends it's monopoly

This is a discussion on Officially done with football games until EA ends it's monopoly within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Officially done with football games until EA ends it's monopoly

I have been playing football games since TV Sports Football on my Comadore computer. I've played owned every Madden from the beginning until last year. I'm officially done, I didn't buy Madden 12 and I didn't miss it either. From the early reports of Madden 13, I won't miss it next year either.
It's too bad Head Coach '09 was actually a great game with loads of potential, but EA lacks the sack to make a game that is truly unique or great. Instead they are just looking for a cheap money maker.

NFL2K, like many gamer's agree, is superior to all of the Madden next-gen games. It's sickening that a game that sold for $25 new and is 7-8 years older on a lesser system is head and shoulders above anything that EA can do. With the one exception being Head Coach '09 which was amazing but lacked polish. It's unforgivable that they didn't continue withing refining that game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Officially done with football games until EA ends it's monopoly

Same boat, my man. I've been playing football games since 10 Yard Fight was an arcade console!

The "next generation" of consoles (360, PS3, Wii) really failed in the football department. Sports gamers looked towards the promise of innovation, improved gameplay, intelligent AI, realistic graphics, game-day atmospheres, tv quality presentations, online leagues, etc and instead we've mainly received glorified roster updates with each new edition of a football game.

As of last week I reached the same point and finally hung up my cleats. I had been getting my football fix these last few years with Madden 10's Franchise Mode (because the gameplay is horrible), APF2K8's gameplay (because it has no franchise or roster management options), and Backbreaker (because it was the only new thing out there), but that's just not good enough anymore.

Its absolutely disgusting there hasn't been a quality football game since EA & 2K were battling it out in 2005 for the rights of football supremacy. And it's an even sadder state of affairs when there is absolutely no other current option out there on the market.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #3
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3

I've been trying to quit football games. Just too tough because of my long standing addiction with them. I'm not buying any more editions of the EA franchises. Just gonna stick with the games in my collection for now (2k8, Backbreaker, and NCAA 11) and then maybe this fall/winter I'll finally pull the plug on all things football video game related. One thing is for sure though: no longer giving any more of my money to anything with the brand EA on it.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:02 AM   #4
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleVermilion
I've been trying to quit football games. Just too tough because of my long standing addiction with them. I'm not buying any more editions of the EA franchises. Just gonna stick with the games in my collection for now (2k8, Backbreaker, and NCAA 11) and then maybe this fall/winter I'll finally pull the plug on all things football video game related. One thing is for sure though: no longer giving any more of my money to anything with the brand EA on it.
A little off topic, but to be fair not all EA games are horrible. I don't know if it's your sport but you should look into FIFA 12, it's one of my favorite games and a very well made game.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #5
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinals57
A little off topic, but to be fair not all EA games are horrible. I don't know if it's your sport but you should look into FIFA 12, it's one of my favorite games and a very well made game.
Its not that they all are terrible, I'm just done supporting that company period. Whether its sports games or not, just tired of that company.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinals57
I've heard that, but I'm into soccer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »