Home

Vision Casting: How an AFL Game Could Succeed

This is a discussion on Vision Casting: How an AFL Game Could Succeed within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Vision Casting: How an AFL Game Could Succeed

When May and June hit, the football fan is faced with a big problem: no football. With the draft over, OTAs barely around and Madden and NCAA still months away, the fan needs something to bide time with. But why force them to ignore their passion? Why not give them football in the summer with a new Arena Football game?

The Arena Football League is almost a video-game football product in itself. It’s as if the sport mixed flag football with Playstation 2 Madden and put two top-ten ranked players behind the controls. Translating this fan-driven, turbocharged offensive league should occur naturally.

So how do we grow the league into the monster that Madden has become? I want to put that in the gamer’s hands. In addition to the wall-crashing action on the field, managing the business to reach new levels would create a fun challenge to gamers. Match this focus with an owner mode and you have the dream of playing commissioner of a major sport in the U.S.

Read More - Vision Casting: How an AFL Game Could Succeed

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
It would never make it...if Backbreaker and All-Pro 2k didn't grow legs this won't either. Sad but true.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Vision Casting: How an AFL Game Could Succeed

No. I just don't believe there are enough people out there who give a damn about the AFL to make a game viable.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #4
Rookie

Goblowsoup's Arena

OVR: 2
The AFL games on the PS2 were solid games, but I don't think there is a large enough fan base or the notoriety to sell enough copies.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0
I'd buy it for sure I love arena footbal!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
So far there's been a "Blitz" AFL reskin by Midway for the PS1 and two AFL games on the PS2 by EA Sports.

I'm guessing neither of those franchises sold well enough to make it a long-term series.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 19
Like any Minor league sport, it has it's fans, but it simply not the same.

I would say there are more College fans than there are Pro given the number of 2 yr, small and major Colleges out there.

With that, I've always wondered why not take a shot at a Jr College build.
At this point in time, fans are just through with EA milking profits on "Baby-Step" implementations on their College Product.

The system is set up just like Div l football, just smaller budgets, stadiums, fans etc...
But it is College football with a market of college students that rivals some Major Universities.

Don't have to deal with an expensive license, it would be the first, there's no competition in that market and there is a current fan base willing to try any New College game released that simulates the sport that they currently can't get from the Only College Football developer, EA Sports.

At this point, it doesn't have to be perfect the 1st time, as the bar has not been set high in this sport like the Show, NBA 2K and Fifa.

Simulation, Simulation, Simulation!!!

If it's a Simulation of football that's better than what we've been playing on these EXPENSIVE Next-Gen system's, you could slap any type of uniform/stadium/presentation/visual skins over top of it, just as long as long as it doen't tamper with the Simulation/Perception of our beloved sport (Backbreakers downfall).

Thus, the reason why an AFL wouldn't work.

Some things just aren't meant to be tampered with!!!
Our beloved Football is one of them.

Just my $.02 that the Pro route is not the only profitable avenue available for football simulation.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6
I really want an arena football video game, I think it would be a lot of fun. Everyone wanted a stupid new blitz game, and we got it, I wish we had an arena football game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »