Home

Any good PC NFL game (mods,addons...)

This is a discussion on Any good PC NFL game (mods,addons...) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #9
Pro

herropreese's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Any good PC NFL game (mods,addons...)

I would be indebted if someone could explain the process of getting 2k5 on PC and where the mods are that make it 2k13.

Super interested.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by herropreese
I would be indebted if someone could explain the process of getting 2k5 on PC and where the mods are that make it 2k13.

Super interested.
I'd be interested as well with this on the PC. I haven't heard of it being playable on the PC though.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0

If you're a sim-gamer, I'd buy and download Madden '08 for the PC. The third party community has been working on utilities for this game for years now, and so you have roster editors, playbook editors and play creation, utilities that will correct sim stats and add additional sliders (for in-game and/or sim games), etc.

You can even import created playbooks (complete with any formation you desire) into the game to take the place of stock playbooks. When creating plays, you can edit the AI logic for each play, determining the various situations in which the play is likely to be called by the cpu.

The depth is incredible. You can even change roster requirements for each position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #12
Rookie

Do have links to places I can get MODS and find leagues using Madden '08 on the PC? I have had the game since it came out but never joined a league. Sounds interesting if you can MOD it to make custom teams and rosters and stuff!

WFFL: http://www.webfreaksfootballleague.com/
Old 10-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #13
Pro

Check out www.footballidiot.com
Old 10-09-2012, 11:50 PM   #14
Rookie

Thank you

WFFL: http://www.webfreaksfootballleague.com/
Old 10-10-2012, 08:07 AM   #15
Rookie

2 Problems with Madden 08.. 1-The Crazy Jump catches the WRs make and the DB just looks around VERY rare the DB tries to knock the pass down.
2- the home team wins 99.99% of the time

Madden 04 is the ONLY game that plays Real ON THE FIELD . Home teams win about 60% of games. DBs try and knock down passes..
Sure Grafics are not like Madden 12 but .. You want Pretty? or Real Gameplay?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by K33057
2 Problems with Madden 08.. 1-The Crazy Jump catches the WRs make and the DB just looks around VERY rare the DB tries to knock the pass down.
2- the home team wins 99.99% of the time

Madden 04 is the ONLY game that plays Real ON THE FIELD . Home teams win about 60% of games. DBs try and knock down passes..
Sure Grafics are not like Madden 12 but .. You want Pretty? or Real Gameplay?
Well you may be right there, though I tend to think the DB problem is primarily on the deep ball. And #2 I haven't seen at all. All things considered, '08 offers a better overall sim experience than anything since, especially considering what you can do with it as far as the utilities go.

Though, if the OP is interested, a lot of those utilities do work with '04, though I don't have any experience, there. '04 was great, I remember it was the only version of the game I played at great length. Can't even remember if I bought '05 on the PC. If I did, it's where I threw in the hat. Got tired of them removing key features like team creation, play creation, etc...we all know the story.

I never even played '08 until like two years ago. Found you could download it and then I stumbled on football-freaks.com which became footballidiot.com. The third party devotion to improving the game is impressive. With speed spread sliders, additional sliders and editors, you can now do pretty much anything you want with it.

Though the problem is lessened significantly in 13, Madden was notorious for having juiced up players on the field in terms of speed and acceleration. In '08, you can take Devin Hester into practice mode and see that he actually covers 40 yards in about 3.75 seconds. When you use the speed spread, though, it changes the gameplay significantly, greatly improving screen passes and more realistic LB play. I was amazed when I first used it, it was a completely different game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »