Home

Any good PC NFL game (mods,addons...)

This is a discussion on Any good PC NFL game (mods,addons...) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2013, 03:20 AM   #25
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Any good PC NFL game (mods,addons...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arton86
I believe all those utilities might work as far back as Madden 05 for PC.

I try to get a franchise going in Madden 08 every now and then, but seriously, the amount of hackery utility effort you need to maintain one is just too much for me. NZA coach sliders, MaddenAmp drafting, MaddenAmp weekly stats modification and other maintenance, etc, etc, etc.

What really gets me is player development in the game. Rookie shows up on the roster and he is how good he is. If you play him and do well he invariably develops until he's a star.

No to mention, the entire frickin' game is dictated by sliders. Doing well? Your sliders are too easy. Getting owned? It's not you, the sliders are just too hard. Kinda ruins the entire franchise experience for me.
This is where I'm at right now. I've been playing 08 on the PC for about two weeks now, and your right, the amount of time you have to put into it to get realistic stats, and challenging yet fair gameplay can be tedious. But I rather invest that time rather than trying to overlook glaring issues in madden 25.

So far, using NZA's franchise guide I've been having some fun. I don't do every little detail that he does, but his tips are very useful and his editor is pretty easy to use. As far as the DB issue, it is rampant on All-Madden, that's why I stick to all pro, with the cpu's awareness on 99, and knockdown slider pretty high. That way, they don't get beat on the deep ball excessively. I'm having fun, and don't mind putting the extra effort to keep me invested, because I'm a franchise mode nut.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

There is also Fb Pro 98 and 99.. Also Maximum FB.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Why not try one of the text-sims out on the market? Front Office Football (which will be out with a new version by the end of the year), Pro Football Simulator (updated regularly by a very responsive developer), Bowl Bound College Football... there are more but these are the best. After getting past the learning curve I found them to be much more rewarding than the arcade-style Madden/2k games.

Front Office Football can be found here: http://www.solecismic.com/index.php
Pro Football Simulator: http://www.barcodegames.com/
Old 10-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBPro-Fan
Football Pro '98 is still fun to play!

I even got FBPro'99 to work on my Win7 machine!

You can download all of the Football Pro games FREE here: http://www.fbpro-online.com/thegame.htm
I was interested in this but when you go to the website, it says that the site is for sale.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #29
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

for those who love CPU v CPU(I don't but as a kid I did) I recommend trying to get Tom Landry Strategy Football, that is such a good game to teach kids the basics of football. the second one lets you make roster changes, and I assume is better than the first, I just never played it. the names aren't in the first one, but you have "Steve Younger" aka Young, you have "Oates" aka Rice, "Crag"-Roger Craig.

Last edited by ajk49er; 11-08-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've played multiple seasons of madden 07 using the 08 mods. You just have to read through some of the entries at footballidiot.com. Basically, any mod that injects stuff into your madden files like db_templates needs to be injected manually into the 07 db_templates. (So the batch mod installers tend to break 07). But you can use the madden db editor at footballidiot and other tools to manually inject the tables you want.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:09 AM   #31
Just started!

Try going for the NFL rush. It may interest you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 01:27 AM   #32
Rookie

Smile Re: Any good PC NFL game (mods,addons...)

Madden 06 on PC was great.... Madden 08 on PC was also good .. and has great graphic

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »