Home

It's 2013...will this be the year that we see NFL 2k14?

This is a discussion on It's 2013...will this be the year that we see NFL 2k14? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: It's 2013...will this be the year that we see NFL 2k14?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Hopefully a company will decide to make a competing football game worth buying, the alternatives this generation have been largely incomplete and not worthwhile.
Many would say that no game this generation meets your criteria, so now were back to opinions.

2K8 was more than worthwhile but it was very incomplete.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyBunch88
With EA Sports letting go of the NCAA Football license I think that now is the time for 2K Sports to make a move.

More than likely this year or next year will be a lot more promising in that we hear some news from 2K about a potential football game, due to EA's failure to renew the NCAA license.

The NFL / EA license will be reviewed sometime in the near future...Google it, I forget the exact dates. But EA has the power (to continue with the NFL in exclusively making NFL games) now that they've let go of NCAA and AFL licenses.

2K has a lot of options, they can opt to not compete at all and let another company make a NCAA for the 2015 season (the earliest I think we'll see a NCAA video game other than EA). Thus waiting out for the review of the EA's licensing deal with the NFL. Very risky if it doesn't work out for 2K.

2K could compete and make an NCAA game but the question arises about a potential NFL game for the future.
If 2K did make a college football game, they could use that to show the NFL "Look, this is what we can offer you in terms of a football game". It also depends how full on they'll go with the game, they might not put too much effort in or money in order to save it for a potential NFL game.

It all comes down to the NFL / EA exclusive rights deal and when that is under review. If it's not followed up on then I expect 2K Sports will make an NFL game.

On the other hand they've got a very successful basketball game which, for me, year after year just keeps getting better and better, so, why change anything?

Personally I think towards the end of the year, maybe sometime next year 2K will start talking about a potential football game. Whether that's an NCAA game or a NFL game. My thoughts are, due to the recent news about EA giving up the NCAA license, I think 2K Sports might make a NCAA football game.
When does the exclusive contract ends? I thought it would end this year. As for EA Sports vs 2K Sports, I just want to see some competition between the two of them in terms of sports (basketball, football & etc). I don't know about NCAA Football game with 2K Sports/Visual Concepts for it didn't do so well last generation.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteriousPanther
When does the exclusive contract ends? I thought it would end this year. As for EA Sports vs 2K Sports, I just want to see some competition between the two of them in terms of sports (basketball, football & etc). I don't know about NCAA Football game with 2K Sports/Visual Concepts for it didn't do so well last generation.
This year I believe, but the NFL and the NFLPA are both partners in this and it's all about the money. They'll do another extension and EA will probably get off cheaper this time around.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:12 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
This year I believe, but the NFL and the NFLPA are both partners in this and it's all about the money. They'll do another extension and EA will probably get off cheaper this time around.
Interesting. If they do another extension, I don't know how many football fans can take anymore of inconsistency from Madden/EA Sports.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Many would say that no game this generation meets your criteria, so now were back to opinions.

2K8 was more than worthwhile but it was very incomplete.
The Legends idea was fine but limiting the game to 25 teams and the inclusion of the star system truly screwed any serious modding by roster makers. I still think it is the best looking and playing football game made to date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2013, 04:20 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
I still think it is the best looking and playing football game made to date.
You're right, and the game is six years old.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #47
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Interesting. If they do another extension, I don't know how many football fans can take anymore of inconsistency from Madden/EA Sports.
Well, when you consider (among many other things) that the 2013 NFL Draft opened by Barry Sanders coming up to the podium with the Commish and holding up a copy of the Madden 25 box and cover art...the signs are all there.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 05-11-2013, 01:03 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Apparently too many or they wouldn't keep making the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »