Home

It's 2013...will this be the year that we see NFL 2k14?

This is a discussion on It's 2013...will this be the year that we see NFL 2k14? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: It's 2013...will this be the year that we see NFL 2k14?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Well, when you consider (among many other things) that the 2013 NFL Draft opened by Barry Sanders coming up to the podium with the Commish and holding up a copy of the Madden 25 box and cover art...the signs are all there.
^I did see Barry Sanders came up to the podium, held up a copy of Madden NFL 25 box & cover art last month. It told me that EA Sports/Madden won't give up the exclusive license rights without a fight. Once again, that's a problem for the sports gaming community.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:29 AM   #50
Rookie

BradyBunch88's Arena

OVR: 2

A lot has changed since I wrote that post.

With the acquisition of the WWE license and working with Yukes, I think 2K is really focused on that right now. And they need to be after a disappointing MLB game. They need to start a fresh and head in a new direction and with the WWE game, they've got just that.

With that being said, I'd be completely surprised if 2K didn't make a run for the NFL license. With all the message boards, forums, fan sites, videos everything about football gamers wanting to see another 2K football game, it must have made it's way back to 2K headquarters. They know we want a 2K football game, it comes down to money and really EA sports.

So I do believe when it comes to crunch time, EA is going to make an offer, 2K will probably throw something out there (they'd be stupid not to at least try - and at the very least annoy EA).

But what could be interesting is Sony. Sony has MLB The Show and they could potentially make an offer. I think EA and 2K are the most obvious runners in the race for the NFL license, but they'll be a few surprises in terms of other companies making a bid and I believe Sony might be one of them.

In my own perfect dream world, the idea of the NFL exclusivity license deal would be demolished leaving all companies and developers to produce their own NFL games. Can you imagine the competition and how amazing football games would be? The irony is, Madden would probably be 10 times better if there weren't such a thing as the "NFL Exclusive License" and if it had a rival and some competition.

Anyways I don't have any sources, I haven't read anything or heard anything, I'm purely speculating and using my own personal opinion on what I think might or could happen.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

Why won't 2k make a college football game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 04:38 AM   #52
Just started!

OVR: 0

It would be awesome if they took APF2K8 and turned it into a NCAA game. I would buy it.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #53
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

it would be nice if they did make an ncaa game, but from what i read in some blogs here, the ncaa wont put their name on anything videogame related period. the lawsuit became too messy for them to do so. i wish some game developer came (not just 2k, but any one else) would give us a great football game with great gameplay and great customiziable options and give us that. ive been pissed with the last 4 madden games because how incomplete they feel. i mean i wish backbreaker wouldve been more fleshed out and planned, it wouldve been a great game for a niche market. i play mlb the show, and seeing how solid that game is devoted to just one sport, i want a developer to come around and deliver a product like that
Old 08-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 13

I really do hope 2K plans on rejoining the football community in opposition against EA. EA sucks!! Even after 7 or 8 years of madden being the only game, it has continued to suck every year. They can't ever get the game right. And anything they do get right the take it out or break it. ISP hope that 2k returns this next coming year. Can't take any more of EA's abysmal games any longer.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 08-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #55
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

heck the ps2 maddens were more solid than these next gen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 05:00 PM   #56
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Nostalgia, it's a hell of a drug.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »