Home

Can we make our own game?

This is a discussion on Can we make our own game? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Can we make our own game?

I'm not quite sure if this thread will get closed or not since I don't really know the rules, but I promise I'm not trolling or being facetious in any way.

Okay, so we've all heard it, if you want something done right, do it yourself.

My question is, is there at least one qualified representative from each of the areas needed to make a game? In other words, is there a team right here on these boards that could be brought together to make a football game?

I guarantee you if it is technologically possible, we could make a game so good, that we wouldn't need an NFL license. In fact, we could just sell it to EA so they could take ownership and distribute it under their license.

I'm just an idea guy with vision and football knowledge. Is there anybody out there that can make a PS game? Are there programmers, graphic artists, and all the other techy type people that are needed to make a game wandering this forum? And oh yeah, investors!

Or are we all just fans?

Like I said, serious post, just wondering if there was a complete project team right here under our noses?

Sincerely,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Can we make our own game?

Moved to obscurity
Old 10-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0

I have been thinking about finding ppl to make a PC game and saw this thread and it was my calling.

Tonight I have typed up a simple outline of a game. It would be built around "Collegiate Football" and have 10 games a season, recruiting players, and a playoff at the end of the season. I know NOTHING about coding, but have thought of great outlines for the game.

Here are the teams and Conferences I came up with spending around ten minutes. The *'s next to the team is how powerful the College "Brand" is, similar to Team Prestige.

TEAMS
Spoiler

I would love to find people to create a game, possibly PC or whatever, and try to build it.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:39 PM   #4
MVP

Well I didn't think anyone would see this when they moved it here, but I guess we'll just let it sit a while and see what happens
Old 10-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

The quickest/best way to accomplish this would be to buy the APF engine from 2K sports and begin editing. I am sure it could be had for $12-15 million.

I'll contribute the first $20.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #6
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...idiron-gamepak

I think combining BackBreaker and APF 2k8 would be the best football creation of all time. Thats just me though.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #7
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...idiron-gamepak

I think combining BackBreaker and APF 2k8 would be the best football creation of all time. Thats just me though.
Yeah but we only "have the power to change the course of football video gaming history" if someone hands him a bag of cash with almost $25k in it in the next 57 hours. If someone gives him $50k then we get "2D Real-Time Physics Engine", "pack-in animation set", and some commentary in the next 2 months.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Yeah but we only "have the power to change the course of football video gaming history" if someone hands him a bag of cash with almost $25k in it in the next 57 hours. If someone gives him $50k then we get "2D Real-Time Physics Engine", "pack-in animation set", and some commentary in the next 2 months.
And the people to code it and draw it and everything technical...I'm just the designer
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »