Home

Next Generation

This is a discussion on Next Generation within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Next Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLmatic
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.

-Michelangelo Buonarroti

Even with a product that is not the best representation of the sport, EA has reaped all the spoils and have done so by not even having to break a sweat. Some will dispute this claim, but for the past 5-6 years all the the proof you need is on what they put out on those disks. Let's hope that some developer sees it as a possible opportunity to pose a challenge and add some choice into the equation by taking a shot at a football game with these next gen consoles.

I strongly believe that if a developer goes towards the realism and authenticity of the sport and not just the authenticity of the jersey, face-mask visors or 3D blades of grass...the results may be quite surprising when the smoke cleared. No one at this point can take Madden out completely with its run of success over the past 2 decades, but all there needs to be is a little sliver of hope by the success of 1 or 2 developers to put a few cracks in that Madden supremacy and foundation, before the flood gates open.

Authentic and true to life gameplay with respect to real physics and full customization of players and teams are the ways IMO to start your attempt to slaying Goliath. For every fan that loves to see cut scenes of RGIII's arm sleeve and glove on his non throwing hand, the stitching around the nameplates on the back of the jerseys or Polamalu's hair flapping as he runs, there are a lot of people who just want a game that is a lot heavier on the realism of the sport after the ball is snapped.
Could not have expressed this point any better. Well said my friend... Well said.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #34
Rookie

TCFClemson's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Next Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Could not have expressed this point any better. Well said my friend... Well said.

I agree I really wish the team at Backbreaker would not have been so stubborn about their camera angle. I also wish they would have not given up on the AI side of the game. Their physics engine was revolutionary and makes this "physics" engine EA is using look like ****.
I occasionally stream on twitch at twitch.tv/tcfclemson

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »