Home

CPU vs CPU

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
CPU vs CPU

As I get older and the time to just sit and mash buttons is reduced I think I'm ready to progress from coach mode to CPU vs CPU. I've gone down this path before but I always feel so detached like I don't know my players. Is that something other CPU vs CPU guys have struggled with? I'm just at a place now where, take NCAA as an example, I'm more interested in recruiting and building the program though not with the same level of depth as NFL Head Coach!

Last edited by NoleFan; 06-15-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Im there with u. Ive done cpu v cpu for years. I enjoy creating teams, watching them play out and working sliders for maximum simulation. Ive got a great set for APF in addition to my own teams. I love coming back to this game!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

CPU vs CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdevin
Im there with u. Ive done cpu v cpu for years. I enjoy creating teams, watching them play out and working sliders for maximum simulation. Ive got a great set for APF in addition to my own teams. I love coming back to this game!!!
Do you sometimes feel detached from your team playing cpu vs. cpu?

SN: cpu vs cpu is a ton of fun in tecmo Super Bowl!! Got a 5-5 season going with the browns right now!

Last edited by NoleFan; 06-29-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #4
MVP

I don't feel detached at all. I actually feel as if I need to know the individuals on the team even more and I get to learn about them on a pure level. Maybe I'll try techno bowl
Old 06-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

CPU vs CPU

Quote:
I don't feel detached at all. I actually feel as if I need to know the individuals on the team even more and I get to learn about them on a pure level. Maybe I'll try techno bowl
Yeah I think I know what you mean because knowing I won't be making subs during the game I have to deep dive the depth chart pre-game playing NCAA.

Yeah Tecmo is fun to watch to me.

Making the move to cpu v cpu makes you look at running out and getting the latest version differently as well. I find that I've been looking at the reviews section of OS and going to GameStop to purchase the highest rated games which are typically older versions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Re: CPU vs CPU

I had no idea that the majority of the games I loved from 2 gens ago (SNES, Genesis) had CPU vs. CPU. I'm out for the next week and have been on a rom grabbing frenzy. Been playing Coach K, Tecmo NBA, NBA Showdown, Madden 9X, Joe Montana, College Football National Championship...

Great times!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #7
MVP

Coach K!!!!!!!! My all time fav. I played that to death. Could i get that for the new gen systems??? Im loving all pro right now. Ive created 8 teams and started my own tournament. The games have been amazing
Old 07-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Coach K!!!!!!!! My all time fav. I played that to death. Could i get that for the new gen systems??? Im loving all pro right now. Ive created 8 teams and started my own tournament. The games have been amazing
I'm not certain you'd get them for more current systems. I'm just playing the standard versions. Currently enjoying some Madden '98 cpu vs cpu before I got back to my Bulls season on Tecmo NBA basketball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »