Home

NFL STREET

This is a discussion on NFL STREET within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2004, 07:24 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: NFL STREET

Well, so far it's a fun game with good graphics. They did a good job with the player faces and facial expressions/mouth movements when guys trash talk. Customizing all of your team members, logo, team colors, team name in NFL challenge is nice. Lots of options.

Here is my main complaint:

THERE'S NO WAY TO CUSTOMIZE ANY OPTIONS IN CHALLENGE MODE????
Why EA, why?
I'd like to turn off gamebreakers(you can turn them off in regular games- they can't be stopped. If you're on Defense, automatic turnover, if you're on offense, guaranteed score.), adjust the difficulty level, maybe turn off the cheap "Catch up logic"(god i hate that crap. It's like the midway games when you're up by 30 and all of a sudden you fumble every time and can't stop the CPU).

Online: No one's online.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:29 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 5

Really fun online
Old 01-14-2004, 06:08 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

where are the impressions?
Old 01-14-2004, 06:23 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
where are the impressions?

Seriously guys, stop being so selfish. Give us some impressions.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:25 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

just got home with it.... 2 game traded in , got it for free... yessss.. I will be back with impressions... Ask away and I will answer them for you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2004, 06:25 PM   #22
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

Ok, been playing this for awhile. It's an awesome game! A must own in my book. It plays like Madden, just 7 on 7. And the fact that it's no holds barred...

There are 2 fields unlocked in the beginning, one being on a beach, with beach balls laying everywhere. The other being a field, one side is out of bounds, the other is a wall, where I keep being slammed into and fumbling here and there. The game is crazy!! I through a behind the back pass 50yds with Vick. The real NFL rules are here, and they are enforced...sort of. There are out of bounds and no passing over line of scrimmage, but you can lateral all over the place.

The plays are simple run, pass, or trick with plays inside each. There are no kickoffs or extra points. You start at like the 5yd line and can only get, I think, 4 first downs. You play both ways, so if you have Vick, he'll be your QB (or WR as I put him) and then he's your DB. AWESOME! you can put the guys wherever you want.

The pick up game is cool. You choose ball or pick first, there are 40 random guys tossed in a pool and you select your players. Great for 2 player games. The first time through, the QB's were Jake Delhomme and Chad Hutchinson. I picked them both, screwing my buddy. LOL The 2nd time though, there was 5 different QB's, it's all random. I've seen 2 rb's, then I've seen 6 able to be picked.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:45 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 17

Well just to be clear it plays nothing like Madden. It's more fluid and the controls are very responsive.

There are three gameplay options. Holic covered the first two pretty well.

NFL Challanges
You start off with a bunch of no names and have to work your way through a series of test or you have a ladder system somewhat like NBA street.

You earn Dev points and plays if you pass the challanges. They range for scoring first to getting so many points a game or plays. You can edit your no-name to anything you want.

If anything the game is tried and true EA Sports. They could have added a little more depth instead of just accomplishing tasks. A crazy franchise mode or some sort of mode that you can replay over and over again.

This game is made for dorm rooms and multiplayer. Another black eye for EA and XBL. This is one of those games where it's good for the solo gamer but much better with friends.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:48 PM   #24
All Star

OVR: 19

im buying this friday on my way home, im excited. cant you tell.

oh, can u create more than 1 player?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »