Home

NFL Street is so stupid...and it's so much fun!!!

This is a discussion on NFL Street is so stupid...and it's so much fun!!! within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2004, 02:55 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NFL Street is so stupid...and it\'s so much fun!!!

Quote:

xylocaine said:
Is there any advantage to increasing Weight and Height of the players? Doesn't seem to affect the attributes.

Thanks

The height of the player is most significant in the pass catching/pass defense aspect of the game. Of course those big and tall D-Linemen like to bat the pass down at or near the Line of scrimmage.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:01 PM   #10
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

That would make sense but have you seen it benefit you in a game?

Also what does weight do? Cause more fumbles etc on Defense?
Old 01-23-2004, 05:10 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Of course, a 325 pound O-Lineman takes up more room, ive seen one guy take on 2 undeveloped D-Lineman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2004, 09:54 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just finished up my NFL Challenge this weekend and have noticed that the weight of the player do seem to matter. I was down to my last two ladders and even though my OL and DL were almost maxed out on blocking the AFL south ladder was harder to run. My line was being blown off the ball and I couldn't bounce the run outside anymore. I didn't have enough dev point to max them out, but adding weight was cheap, so I maxed out their weight to see if that would help. Going from 300 to 385 pounds seem to improve the blocking tremendously. The line would now stay intact for 50% of my running plays against the AFL east, my last ladder. However I spent dev points on my DB and WR as well... it slowed them down, so I no longer got as much seperation. So in the NFL Legends game I was a bit overwhelmed by speed. Howie Long was eating my OL alive, but I still prevailed on the third try. I had it 34-24 the second try, but Barry Sanders intercepted my 2 pt conversion and ran it back giving them the ball and a gamebreaker. That sucked.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:35 AM   #13
MVP

rheller's Arena

OVR: 8

I finished up the NFL Challenge also. It was a lot of fun to finish this game. The last ladder was pretty hard for me also. Jacksonville and Fred Taylor gave me the most problems. I had to play them three times to beat them. I only had to play the legends game twice. My team ended up almost maxing out the defensive meter. My offense wasn't rated very well. My WR weren't very good, but my RB was more than enough. I enjoyed making teams so much that I made two more. I guess I'll see if I finish those teams up. For those of you who finished...

***SPOILER***

Who did you pick up from the Legends team? I picked up Lester Hayes.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:20 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Can you use any of those teams that you created in a regular pickup game?
Old 01-28-2004, 10:28 AM   #15
MVP

rheller's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

Can you use any of those teams that you created in a regular pickup game?

Not in a pick up game, but you can use them in a quick game. Quick games are where you choose to play against certain teams as opposed to picking up players to be on your team.

Right now my brother and I are having a hell of a lot of fun playing against each other. (Pickup Games) Here are our rules:

1. Winner of the previous game gets to decide who picks first (Winner usually likes to pick first)

2. Loser of the previous game gets to decide where the game will be played. (I usually like to duke it out on the sand if I have a slow team)

Yesterdays record: 6-3

I lost the last game 39-28 and I had a gamebreaker active on my defense. Basically, my brother through a couple of bombs and got lucky enough to complete them.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »