Home

Sign If You Want A Highly Customizable 2K Next-Gen Game

This is a discussion on Sign If You Want A Highly Customizable 2K Next-Gen Game within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #73
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Sign If You Want A Highly Customizable 2K Next-Gen Game

As many have said, I'd buy just about any pro football game besides Madden at this point, as long as it was customizable.

It depresses me, going from the lovingly designed sim of The Show to the mostly broken piece of junk that Madden and NCAA presented these last few on Next Gen.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsBeRealPeople
Reality check, guys: 2K doesn't read petitions. You do realize that you can actually just speak directly to 2K, right?

Here is a better plan:

1. Go to Twitter. Make an account. Then once a day, send a message to @2K, @2KSports, and @Ronnie2K, and ask for a new 2K Football game. They read every last one of the messages they get, I know this because I know Ronnie personally and we've spoken about this on 2 occasions. On one occasion, he said he wondered why if people want the game so badly they're not demanding it more? I told him they do want it, they just don't contact 2K for some reason...

2. Go to 2KSports' YouTube channel. Find their most recent videos and ask for a NEW 2K Football game. Do it daily. Again, they read every message.

3. Go to the All-Pro Football videos at the 2KSports YouTube channel and post there, too. Do it daily.

4. Instead of making NFL mods of All-Pro Football, respect the game properly and REMAKE a league of fictional teams and players with all improved uniforms over the terrible default uni's we got with the game. Show 2K what YOU want them to do.

Now here is something you need to know:

A 2K dev who worked on APF told me at E3 that they desperately want back into football, but they can't find an angle. I told him a cross between a sim game like All-Pro Football with a Blitz The League/GTA story mode would be cool. He told me that a number of things in APF were actually knock-off attempts of some things in Blitz The League because BTL I sold so well and they figured they might as well try to grab some of that thunder. APF's artwork, cover style, some team names, some of the musical approaches, the constant cutscene dialogue, was all a rendition of BTL's styling to a large degree.

Thing is, some of the devs wanted to go even further but 2K's top brass didn't want to release an M-rated game under any circumstances, so the furthest they could go was having stuff like beer can sack celebrations and saying "Son of a b.itch" after a QB throws too many INT's. A lot of their devs weren't happy about the restrictions and it led to a lot of internal strife which is partly why the marketing and release of information surrounding APF at the time was so bizarre and with shaky direction, but I won't say much more about this...

But that brings me back to the main point. If you want the game, talk to them directly. Not just petitions and YouTube videos from goofball phonies like Bigplaykiller and MD20 telling you to be passive and "save 65" as if that alone will make a difference when most sim players already don't buy Madden anyway, smh. People have to quit following these YouTube clowns. Reach out directly to 2K. It doesn't cost anything and takes almost no effort.

Guys, do you see how crappy Madden is? Even that next gen joke they're putting out? People should be beating 2K's doors down BEGGING for a new football game at this point. Do we want to be in this state in 2030 still hoping for a change waiting STILL for Tiburon to implement basic stuff that 2K got right a decade ago now? Let the Gamechangers continue to be pimped out for that task, telling people to give it time, and next year, next year, next year while Tiburon keeps building a bad game on top of a broken engine. We on the other hand want 2K to make a new football game, so we have to be aggressive and go to the source. 2K.

I'm already doing what I wrote above. I want a real football game done right, not this crap Tiburon is giving us, and I'm dead serious about it. I wish more people were.

Quit being so passive and go straight to 2K.
Angles they can try:

Canadian football league.

Arena football league.

Maybe even NCAA; just keep it generic after the fallout from the EA lawsuit.

Generic, yet fully customizable football game.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 24

Bump.

After seeing what madden looks like on NG now, I'm signing again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 10

Yes please!! 2K5 STILL remains my favorite NFL game of all time.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #77
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Yes. Yes. Yes.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 11-20-2013, 07:44 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 9

Sign for every year since the license agreement blunder... Meant it!
Old 11-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 16

Signed!!!!!
Old 11-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 0

I already do what LBRP wrote, but I'll sign here, too! I'd welcome 2K back to football with open arms

Here is what I want from 2K:

- Deep uniform/team editor like BackBreaker's but with the ability to load-in your own logos done off-system.

- A professional-looking 32-Team default league. Like myself and other's have mentioned before, Blitz The League's Logos were excellent and super professional in both iterations of their game, so that's the level of quality I want from 2K this time around in terms of league and team logos. Make us believe it.

- Let us put in our own league logo and name our league.

- Have every team's rosters and uniforms be editable even in Season Mode so we can craft the entire league the way we want.

- A 16-game Season mode.

- A basic Franchise Mode (the sim crowd will want this most), and if that's not reasonable have some kind of Story Mode (the mainstream will latch onto this most especially if sex/drugs/gambling/violence is involved in the story) with a simple weekly training system. Think Grand Theft Auto + BET's hit TV Show "The Game".

- If going with a Story Mode instead of a franchise, make it multi-season. At least 10 seasons. Instead of focusing just on a single player, you can make it focus on a franchise and have specific goals the franchise has to reach each year in order to avoid folding or being moved, and to give people an incentive to play through all 10 seasons with other teams each team's goals and challenges will be different. You could call it "My Franchise".

- Give us tons of unlockables that can only be had through achievements. Things like production artwork, behind-the-scenes videos, bonus teams, photos, mini-games. Yeah, how about just make it the return of the "Crib"?

- Slicker and brighter presentation graphics. APF's overlays were dull and the replay wipe was bleh. Ratchet this up.

- More team names. A LOT more.

- More packed-in logos. A LOT more. Just when you think you've done enough, do some more! And I would LOVE to see you reach all the way back to the original NFL 2K and include the create-a-team logos from that game and the ones after that. I loved using the Commandos on the original NFL 2K for Dreamcast!

- Helmets need to come off. Not frequently, but every once in a while a monster hit should jar it loose.

- Dirty hits. I'm not talking arcade, I'm talking all the hits the No Fun League has banned should be in your game.

- New rule sets. I would love to see rules that can be turned on or off. For example, I'd love to be able to decide if my league has a fair catch rule or not. Or a rule I can set where you can't kick Extra Points so instead you have to run or pass for points like the XFL had, but this can be turned on or off.

- Stadium editor. Nothing too fancy, just something where we can place our enzone and mid-field field art and choose from a number of pre-made stadium models.

- Dump the player dialogue unless you can get it as tight as RealVoice in NBA 2K14, otherwise it's not worth it.

- Make it easier to trade uniform designs. Those long codes in APF were tough to manage. I'd rather these be single files that can be traded between users somehow.

- A proper 3-month marketing cycle. APF's marketing was dreadful and all over the place and this had an effect on sales. Go back and look at the process of how you marketed 2K5, repeat that model. And at the end, don't charge full price for this game. I'm not saying $19.99 again necessarily, but it should certainly be less than $60.

Will this game sell 5 Million copies? No. But with there being only one console football game on the market right now literally with NCAA Football gone, I see potential to crack the 1 Million mark and that's nothing to sneeze at in this economy.

P.S. Adding the ability to use some basic College Rules would be a smart idea considering the total lack of College Football video games now.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »