Home

2K Football Impressions - 10 & 7 years later!

This is a discussion on 2K Football Impressions - 10 & 7 years later! within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: 2K Football Impressions - 10 & 7 years later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
If the developers had allowed for full modification and a full boat of team slots there would really be no need for another football game.
These have been solved.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

I just found my PS2 with my old snowboarding gear...wow that itself makes me feel old. Back when I did things on the weekend beside hang with my daughter and drink Anyway I found my PS2 but I lost my copy of 2K5 years ago. I need to buy this again. Just to see...for myself.

EDIT: Bought on Ebay for $5 shipped - Hope PS2 works...LOL

Last edited by rtkiii; 11-06-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
It's possible, but once you start changing the player names it becomes quite complex.

If you leave the names alone, everything else is easily accomplished through Finn's PC editor.

Just take preexisting legends and edit them into whomever you want them to be.
Thanks - I was hoping to avoid using editors. I honestly just want to create 8 teams, with 11 created players each, and have them available For season modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

You can make a maximum of 20 CAPs without touching any PC software.

To go beyond that limit, you'll need to start using HxD or Finn's editor.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #13
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

you can make more than 20, an have more than 8 teams. there is a way posted on youtube to get around this without having to use hex editor or anything.

its along the lines of saving it to a season file, then there are just a few other steps, I recommend looking it up, I have the entire NFL on 4 different save files. no flash drive or anything needed.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #14
Banned

I just played 2k5 for the first time in probably 7 years and thought I'd add my impressions as well.

Presentation
Just simply amazing for the time. It is not perfect by any means but it is ground breaking for the time and one could only imagine how good it could've been today if it had not had the floor ripped out from under it. The Weekly wrap up, halftime and post game shows are just simply a great idea. sure I have complaints like during the weekly wrap up there is no need to show clips/highlights from my game, I played I know what happens - I want clips from games I didn't play. Halftime, same deal - maybe show one or two clips from my game then stats but then give then go to highlights from other games at the half like on TV. Postgame just has horrible lip synching. Again I know this is the only year anyone really did this and it was such a great start but man I wish someone would just copy this style...because it works great.
The commentators get stale pretty quick.
The stat overly in game are great too and they are tough to skip, which I like. I enjoy the random stats that come up and want more - Madden tries to do this but it is too easy to accidentally skip past any stat that comes up because you don't know when it is going to happen where as 2K go close up on a guy for a second or two and then that stat comes across...clever.

Gameplay
Man this game is hard and I need to look at the instructions because I just don;t have the 2K feel/controls in my head any more I enjoy the feel of the game I just need more time with it. Obvious gripe is the player models(and I had these gripes when I first got the game) they just have their short little arms and huge shoulder pads...looks terrible but I look past that with the animations you see and just the flow of the game

Random
I would like to start over my franchise and control all the teams because players are all over the place. Manning is in Tampa with Terell Owens. I have Bledsoe on the niners, etc. I'd like to control where different people go. Also for some reason I must have done player subs or something because depending on the offensive formation I am in I have a different QB, - which I'm sure I had a reason for this back in 2006 but it escapees me now. I saw "Offsetting Penalties" - that was just awesome and a random point but I thought I'd mention.

Overall
I had fun playing this game again enough so I am going to start from scratch with the sliders in another thread and play a season or two to keep me busy until I let my son open his PS4 next month. Nice stroll down memory lane. I am not going to update the rosters as it is nice to see some familiar names that I hadn't seen in a long while.

Last edited by rtkiii; 11-12-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #15
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0

In my opinion, to get the best graphics out of NFL 2K5, play it on the original Xbox, on a standard TV if you still have one. It looks much better that way than on the Xbox 360 on a HD TV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #16
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

The only reason I don't play ESPN NFL 2K5 this day is because I sold my Xbox.

I'm thinking of buying one again just for the damn game.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »