Home

Living Worlds...only 6 years ago!

This is a discussion on Living Worlds...only 6 years ago! within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Living Worlds...only 6 years ago!

This is what 'living worlds' looks like - we've had it this whole time! Another example of how great this game is. While others, in the Next Gen form, tout "living worlds" this game has had it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzfzVZmyjaI
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2013, 12:42 AM   #2
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Living Worlds...only 6 years ago!

You know there's probably more polygons and textures in 1 player in Madden 25 than in both of those sidelines combined (if not that entire stadium) right?

But hey, I understand, the game is heading in the right direction, a lot of people are liking what they are seeing and playing, and since the usual arguments don't apply we're back to the old standby 'that was done before so they suck' argument.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Only problem is (and a huge problem) is that they've been "going in the right direction" since 2008 or 2009. At some point they either need to get there or turn the car around and head back home.

And sales are down. Way down. They're going to need a HUGE Christmas season to crack just 3 Million this year on 360/PS3, so they're in a lot of trouble right now. There will always be millions who like the game, but the fact is its popularity is on a major downturn because people are not as pleased with the quality of the game as they once were.

I don't play games because of graphics, I play them for gameplay. Sure, I want both, and sure APF's graphics weren't the best, but its gameplay is still better than anything done so far and that's what keeps me coming back. With the power of these new consoles, the sidelines should be just as interactive as APF's and still have top-notch graphics. But for whatever reason, aside from anything graphical, this company struggles to meet minimum benchmarks that other sports games past and present surpassed a long time ago.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #4

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption
This is what 'living worlds' looks like - we've had it this whole time! Another example of how great this game is. While others, in the Next Gen form, tout "living worlds" this game has had it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzfzVZmyjaI
If you would like to troll a website, please do it elsewhere.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »