Home

One week away till the end of exclusive license.

This is a discussion on One week away till the end of exclusive license. within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2013, 01:37 PM   #9
Rookie

dcal's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: One week away till the end of exclusive license.

Every 2 weeks for the past few years I have visited the 'Other Football Games' category holding out hope that I will actually find a new football game in the 'Other Football Games' category, just to be dissapointed every time. Its not likley the license will lapse and be given to another game company but here is to hoping.

I wish the NFL would at least license 2 companies to make a game, that would still give them sound quality control and allow for competition. I stopped playing Madden 2006 version 7.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:49 PM   #10
Banned

RyanLR101's Arena

OVR: 0

On a positive note, companies typically want to get these type of things out of the way like in this case licensing before they expire then the company can plan for the future. If I remember correctly EA renewed there license far in advance before there last licensing contracted was up.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:50 PM   #11
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLR101
On a positive note, companies typically want to get these type of things out of the way like in this case licensing before they expire then the company can plan for the future. If I remember correctly EA renewed there license far in advance before there last licensing contracted was up.
It makes sense also, shouldn't EA already be working on the next madden? I would think they would've wanted the licensing taken care of even before that. I don't want to set myself up for a let down, but I think there is reason to hope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 04:03 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLR101
Yes...didn't EA just very recently extend the license contract for just another year or two? It was like a short term extension only contract that was made a few years ago which gave EA one extra year with the exclusive deal for 2013....I know this took place but i just cannot pin point which year but it was not long ago. What i found odd is how they extended it for a much shorter period of time than the first exclusive deal back in 2004...in other words..when that long term exclusive contract was up not long ago..EA managed to secure the exclusive contract for one more additional year [for 2013] ..it was an extension of the exclusive rights..but this time it was only for one extra year.

So that might be a good sign for us seeing how there was no "ahead of time" discussions talking place or deal made ahead of time for a new exclusive deal between the NFL and EA.

All i want is for these "exclusive" deals with sports games to be done and over with. If these big shots at the NFL would just realize how many hearts get broken because of these exclusive deals...and how much it hurts the gaming industry...maybe they would stop all this nonsense..there's gotta be some of these big shots with a bit of a heart for us gamers..geez

I will keep my hopes up...i have honestly prayed for this exclusive deal to be over with..no kidding!! My heart sinks to my stomach thinking of a next gen NFL2K Game

Last edited by Moegames; 01-01-2014 at 04:09 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:39 AM   #13
Rookie

dcal's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
It makes sense also, shouldn't EA already be working on the next madden? I would think they would've wanted the licensing taken care of even before that. I don't want to set myself up for a let down, but I think there is reason to hope.

Very good point, by both of you. I had not thought of that. A glimmer of hope.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Yes...didn't EA just very recently extend the license contract for just another year or two? It was like a short term extension only contract that was made a few years ago which gave EA one extra year with the exclusive deal for 2013....I know this took place but i just cannot pin point which year but it was not long ago. What i found odd is how they extended it for a much shorter period of time than the first exclusive deal back in 2004...in other words..when that long term exclusive contract was up not long ago..EA managed to secure the exclusive contract for one more additional year [for 2013] ..it was an extension of the exclusive rights..but this time it was only for one extra year.

So that might be a good sign for us seeing how there was no "ahead of time" discussions talking place or deal made ahead of time for a new exclusive deal between the NFL and EA.

All i want is for these "exclusive" deals with sports games to be done and over with. If these big shots at the NFL would just realize how many hearts get broken because of these exclusive deals...and how much it hurts the gaming industry...maybe they would stop all this nonsense..there's gotta be some of these big shots with a bit of a heart for us gamers..geez

I will keep my hopes up...i have honestly prayed for this exclusive deal to be over with..no kidding!! My heart sinks to my stomach thinking of a next gen NFL2K Game
they don't even care about the brains of their own players. why should they care about a bunch of whiny video gamer hearts?
Old 01-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #15
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames

It was the year the players union negotiated a new contract. There was concern a player's strike would happen and EA asked for a discounted license payment. The NFL offered a compromise, a discount for that year but in return EA had to extend exclusivity another year. It seemed then that the NFL was happy with exclusivity but EA wasn't, at least not at the going price.

That makes me nervous how the NFL seems content but if EA wants out of exclusivity I don't see another company taking there place. I doubt 2k wants to exclusive, the one they had with MLB really hurt them. Madden sales didn't increase after the exclusive either, the game had to be more profitable under an open license.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 03:40 PM   #16
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm not holding my breath. I'm fully expecting the NFL to sign another extension with EA Sports. However on the off chance the exclusive liscence becomes a thing of the past (Or the new agreement is similar to the MLB agreement) I will cry tears of joy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »