Home

Will 2K Sports Make the NFL an Offer They Can't Refuse???

This is a discussion on Will 2K Sports Make the NFL an Offer They Can't Refuse??? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2014, 11:27 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Will 2K Sports Make the NFL an Offer They Can't Refuse???

You guys will figure out what's going on in a few weeks.... If you don't see what's going on I don't know what to tell you. Just look at Maddens numbers since the exclusive deal. Look at the lawsuit and how much money was lost. Read the articles about the case with the NCAA NFL lawsuit. EA is going to have to pay up each time another deal is struck for a exclusive deal.

There were also positions open for visual concepts none of which were open for NBA 2k for motion capture positions on their website. I can't tell you what the project is for but it is for 2k sports and it doesn't deal with the NBA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2014, 11:35 PM   #42
Banned

By the way don't be surprised if Sony tries to bring in a football game they where preparing for a a game called road to Sunday football but it got cancelled bc of EAs deal with Madden while 2k was forced to change their NFL game to all pro football.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:38 PM   #43

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swade009
You guys will figure out what's going on in a few weeks.... If you don't see what's going on I don't know what to tell you. Just look at Maddens numbers since the exclusive deal. Look at the lawsuit and how much money was lost. Read the articles about the case with the NCAA NFL lawsuit. EA is going to have to pay up each time another deal is struck for a exclusive deal.

There were also positions open for visual concepts none of which were open for NBA 2k for motion capture positions on their website. I can't tell you what the project is for but it is for 2k sports and it doesn't deal with the NBA.
I didn't refute anything you said other than you making a false claim of a judge saying something they would never say in court.

Making false claims to prove your argument isn't really an effective way of attempting to prove a point, just an FYI.

And also, you are arguing a point that pretty much everyone would welcome, you are just making up stuff to make your point.

There isn't anyone on this site that doesn't want to see another game made.

If you are looking for some sort of a flame war (which I think you are) you are on the wrong site.

Last edited by kehlis; 01-27-2014 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:41 PM   #44
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

I'm not sure where your information is coming from, but the court case with the NCAA allowed EA to continue making Madden.

Madden isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The game is being made currently. Is their a court order out of the blue that no one knows about that the courts will intervene and tell EA to stop making Madden?

If anyone else is making a game under the radar, that's great, we'd all like to see it. I'm just waiting to see verification.

I see a ton of speculation, which makes for decent conversations on a message board.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:46 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I didn't refute anything you said other than you making a false claim of a judge saying something they would never say in court.

Making false claims to prove your argument isn't really an effective way of attempting to prove a point, just an FYI.

And also, you are arguing a point that pretty much everyone would welcome, you are just making up stuff to make your point.

There isn't anyone on this site that doesn't want to see another game made.

If you are looking for some sort of a flame war (which I think you are) you are on the wrong site.
I never said a judge said anything I stated them losing a lawsuit was a warning (at least that's what I meant). They'll obviously be in a worse position if they re up a exclusive deal. Even if there is no 2k (which there probably will be) there will be no exclusive deal with Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2014, 11:50 PM   #46
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I never said a judge said anything I stated them losing a lawsuit was a warning (at least that's what I meant). They'll obviously be in a worse position if they re up a exclusive deal. Even if there is no 2k (which there probably will be) there will be no exclusive deal with Madden.
The NFL will lose lot of revenue if they don't find another partner for NFL gaming bc there is no way EA will sign another exclusive deal. If EA does sign another deal that means a even bigger lawsuit which they will lose.

This is what you stated a few post back.

EA will have a bigger lawsuit which they will lose if they sign another deal.

Where are you getting this information from? That is where the question is coming from. EA wasn't sued the last time they signed a deal and they weren't sued the time before that, either.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:50 PM   #47
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Here's where you got the $27m, and even dealt with exclusive licenses, but had nothing to do with future madden exclusivity, and if anything it got the blessing of the courts going forward.

http://m.incgamers.com/2012/07/ea-se...se-exclusivity

None of your other speculation appears to be grounded in reality.

Feel free to link to anything saying EA is going to have to pay more (to whom?) per a judge, happy to read it, but that appears to be misinterpretation meets wishful thinking.

Sent from my VZW Note 3
Old 01-28-2014, 12:14 AM   #48
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »