Home

*RUMOR* OOTP guys making a football game?

This is a discussion on *RUMOR* OOTP guys making a football game? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2014, 02:04 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: *RUMOR* OOTP guys making a football game?

To the poster above, what you are wanting is a sim that recreates that playcalling and scheme strategy that takes place on gameday. You are right that many have not gotten it right because it is exceptionally difficult. I think most of us would accept a good GM sim, with the ability to play to certain styles (ie west coast) that bring with them certain strengths and weaknesses (or maybe this could be linked to an offensive coordinator).

Out of the Park really is as good of a game as you could ever want. I don't know if that could translate into football, even with outside help, without some serious differences in the way they incorporate strategy and scheme. I'd definitely check out one of their products though.

(disclaimer: Out of the Park Baseball is going on the pc I am typing on as we speak)
Old 01-28-2014, 12:48 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception
To the poster above, what you are wanting is a sim that recreates that playcalling and scheme strategy that takes place on gameday. You are right that many have not gotten it right because it is exceptionally difficult. I think most of us would accept a good GM sim, with the ability to play to certain styles (ie west coast) that bring with them certain strengths and weaknesses (or maybe this could be linked to an offensive coordinator).

Out of the Park really is as good of a game as you could ever want. I don't know if that could translate into football, even with outside help, without some serious differences in the way they incorporate strategy and scheme. I'd definitely check out one of their products though.

(disclaimer: Out of the Park Baseball is going on the pc I am typing on as we speak)
I love OOTP... I mean *love* it. But yes, I do think a great football text sim NEEDS to emphasize what makes football it's own beast.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:00 PM   #11
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

I'd be ALL IN if the crew that makes OOTP were making/developing a pro football game. OOTP is an amazing experience.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2014, 07:50 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 8

If OOTP makes a football game I'll be in total heaven.

With OOTP incorporating a more 3D element in their future games it can only get better and better.

Add an NFL/NCAA football game to the mix, wow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »