Home

Gridiron Solitaire, Anyone Check This Out?

This is a discussion on Gridiron Solitaire, Anyone Check This Out? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2015, 09:53 PM   #65
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Gridiron Solitaire, Anyone Check This Out?

thanks a lot, I would like to have a try!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2015, 04:16 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgnderek
thanks a lot, I would like to have a try!
Ignderek, I couldn't send you a PM. Send me one, please, and I'll respond.

Last edited by billharris44; 01-06-2015 at 04:20 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 08-13-2015, 01:34 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 7

Anyone still playing? Football season has got me ready to fire it up again! Update coming in 2-3 weeks according to Bill. Who's still playing?
Old 08-13-2015, 09:49 PM   #68
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt23134
Anyone still playing? Football season has got me ready to fire it up again! Update coming in 2-3 weeks according to Bill. Who's still playing?
Big update coming, and I've moved up the release date (I think) to next Thursday (the 20th). All new background graphics, three card decks to choose from, and lots of small tweaks to provide a better playing experience. I'm really looking forward to rolling this out!
Old 08-16-2015, 06:28 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 0

some other make cannot check it out but some other are not
Old 08-20-2015, 11:34 PM   #70
Pro

There's a 1-2 day delay while some art gets revised, but all the coding for the new version is done. Here's a quick rundown of what's new.

1. 3 card decks to choose from, including one where the only card number is on the player jerseys (this is the "action" deck, and it's by far my favorite now).
2. All new background screens that are substantial improvements from the original.
3. On Defense, I've always been concerned that it felt a bit too punitive. Now there's a new system where the number of cards you need to play the gain down to zero is roughly the same whether you match the playcall or not.

Here's how it works. On Veteran difficulty, the max gain if you match the playcall is now 20 yards, and if you don't match the playcall, the max is 35 yards.

However, you now get more of a gain reduction with each play of cards. Instead of getting 2 yards (old gameplay), you now get 3 yards or 4 yards.

If you match the playcall and the max gain is 20 yards, you get credit for 3 yards for each card play. So you need 7 "matches" to work the gain down to zero.

If you don't match the playcall, the max gain is 35 yards, but you get credit for 3 yards for each card play. You need 9 "matches" to work the gain down to zero.

In the old system, you needed 8 matches or 18 matches (yikes) to get back to zero. So you got double whammied: by missing the playcall (higher max gain), and by the number of cards you had to play.

If you don't play any cards, missing the play call is still going to hurt (because of the difference in max gain), but you don't have to play a crazy number of cards to wipe out the gain.

I've played 20+ games with this new system, and it's much, much more fun this way. The beta testers have been uniformly positive about it as well. It puts you in a much wider variety of game situations on defense.

Like I said, the only delay right now is for art. I appreciate that you guys have supported the game and I think you'll be really pleased with the update.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:53 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 7

Awesome news, Bill!! Can't wait to try it out!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2015, 12:46 PM   #72
Pro

Here's some screenshots of the new version for you guys. Like I said yesterday, just waiting on some art changes.

I'm limited to five screenshots per post, so here's a batch of five and I'll have more in the next post.
Attached Images
File Type: png newTitleScreen.png (349.4 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg NewCoachArrives.jpg (245.6 KB, 57 views)
File Type: png NewPregame.png (301.0 KB, 56 views)
File Type: png NewOffenseTableau.png (402.8 KB, 55 views)
File Type: png NewPassPlayWithAnnouncer.png (333.0 KB, 54 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »