Home

What Are The Best PC Football Games?

This is a discussion on What Are The Best PC Football Games? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2015, 06:47 PM   #73
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: What Are The Best PC Football Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariofransson
Uhhh, I think FIFA 16 would be the best football game ever!!
Don't open yourself up to soccer jokes....oh wait, you did.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:44 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Been Going back between madden 05 and 08. 08 Has the better gameplay no doubt, but the franchise is broken with the sim stats
I did not enjoy the player models for 2008. Madden 2004 to me was still one of the best.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:19 AM   #75
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I didn't care for '08 game play because the DB's would constantly give up big plays.I played '06 the most and found that one to be more enjoyable.It had some nice franchise things like keeping track of all the Supetbowls just didn't have as many mods.I don't remember playing any of the earlier versions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 12:32 AM   #76
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

If anyone is a fan of Front Office Football, we're starting a new NFL 2015 league this week using the new 7.2 patch.

www.simsportsglobal.com
Old 12-21-2015, 05:17 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 0

My regular PC was down due to a bad power supply for a couple months, so I was on an PC with an integrated graphics, so I was down to playing MSDOS era games.

One football game I found that looked good, was Joe Montana (MSDOS), but I could not get it to work correctly.

Why is it so difficult to get a good looking PC football game (non-coach/gm) that plays well?
Old 12-21-2015, 12:43 PM   #78
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

It's not difficult, just a matter of ROI.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2015, 05:32 PM   #79
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9

I really enjoyed Madden 05 w/ the Manefesto. Its the only football game I played more than 10 seasons on. The Franchise mode had some really great features (since removed).

Although they're came a time when I just couldn't do it anymore. Playing 05 when 12 was just coming out was too much. Plus, I could never recover from pass interference not being called.
Old 11-30-2022, 08:40 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
In reviewing these games I wouldn't be able to recommend Pro Football Simulator because all you can do is gameplan then the games are rather boring.To top it off the simulation engine isn't very good.The best thing I can say is that you have every football season at your disposal for $25.

Front Office Football 7 is a good management game that you can take a team and play the games.The user interface is pretty mediocre and you can edit the current rosters but if you're into historical rosters you're forced to have 32 team leagues.All in all I think it's a good game that is very deep in team management.Cost of $37.

The best playing PC football game would have to be Action PC.The gameplay and added mods are very good and you can play or simulate any game of the season.It's not much of a team management game but does have editing available so you can take a season and go from there.It's kinda more of a season replay game though like Strat-o-Matic.Right now there's a half price sale on all seasons.You can buy the game with the 2013 season for around $40 and I bought the 2000's decade for $60 and then added 2010,'11 and '12 for $10 each.Then if you spend $100 you get 20% off.So I ended up getting the game with every season from 2000 on for around $105 total.
I have a question I would very much appreciate help with. It is about PC Action football internet play? Is it necessary to forward any port for internet play?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »