Home

What Are The Best PC Football Games?

This is a discussion on What Are The Best PC Football Games? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2014, 12:57 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: What Are The Best PC Football Games?

Nfl Head Coach 06. You dont actually play the game as in control the players. You're the coach, you pick practices and plays in practice to learn. You develop players and call the plays(but you can definitely watch them play out, not a text sim). You talk to all the player groups during the game if you want making adjustments. You can create your own plays. Its pretty sick. Unfortunately its from 06 so its dated, and its only got one real draft class(bush young leinart one). Thats not a bad thing though, because they did an amazing job creating drafts.

09 is not a pc game, but its on ps3 and 360. This forum has custom rosters for it including a 2014 roster for both systems...

Last edited by Vtownwaves; 04-06-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:58 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtownwaves
Nfl Head Coach 06. You dont actually play the game as in control the players. You're the coach, you pick practices and plays in practice to learn. You devewlop players and call the plays. You talk to all the player groups during the game if you want making adjustments. You can create your own plays. Its pretty sick. Unfortunately its from 06 so its dated, and its only got one real draft class(bush young leinart one). Thats not a bad thing though, because they did an amazing job creating drafts.

09 is not a pc game, but its on ps3 and 360. This forum has custom rosters for it including a a 2014 roster for both systems...

Head Coach was a great concept but way too deep for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2014, 01:33 AM   #11
Rookie

ElectricAggie's Arena

Houston Rockets

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2014, 10:20 AM   #12
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtownwaves
Nfl Head Coach 06. You dont actually play the game as in control the players. You're the coach, you pick practices and plays in practice to learn. You develop players and call the plays(but you can definitely watch them play out, not a text sim). You talk to all the player groups during the game if you want making adjustments. You can create your own plays. Its pretty sick. Unfortunately its from 06 so its dated, and its only got one real draft class(bush young leinart one). Thats not a bad thing though, because they did an amazing job creating drafts.
NFL Head Coach 06 on PC was perhaps the buggiest piece of software I have ever encountered. I endured so many crash-to-desktops just trying to get through the first week of the preseason, as well as times when the game simply would boot to merely a black screen. I think there may have been compatibility issues with it and ATI video cards, as that's what I was using at the time, but my memory is a bit foggy.

It could very well be a great game, but in my experience it was incredibly unstable and I can't recommend it.

The football games I have experience with on PC are Madden 06, 07, and 08; can't go wrong with any of 'em, IMO.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:00 PM   #13
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

in 2006 I'm not sure ATI video drivers were compatible with anything.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:49 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The football games I have experience with on PC are Madden 06, 07, and 08; can't go wrong with any of 'em, IMO.

And with the 08 mod from FootballIdiot to bring the game up to date.... Whew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2014, 03:40 PM   #15
Rookie

Oinkersthepig's Arena

I'm glad I looked at this thread. Just got Madden 08 from a source that shall not be mentioned, and got a few mods from Football Idiot to updated the rosters and uniforms and what not, and I have to say I am VERY happy with my experience so far. It's kind of hard to get used to at first, but the gameplay is actually pretty solid (from my small sample size.) I have MVP baseball modded as well, and really enjoy that, so much so that I looked at a number of places to see if anything like that was being done with football, but to no avail. This thread was the first I heard of the madden 08 mods, and I couldn't be happier to have found it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2014, 08:36 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmovmadurai
What Are The Easy PC Football Games for windows 8?

Packers and Movers in Madurai
http://gamejolt.com/games/sports/inf...ootball/25527/

While still in development, the price (free) is pretty enticing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »