Home

What Are The Best PC Football Games?

This is a discussion on What Are The Best PC Football Games? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2014, 04:09 PM   #49
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What Are The Best PC Football Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I'm debating between buying either FOF7 or Pro Football Simulator.

FOF7 would have the edge but while you can play with current rosters,in Pro Football Simulator I read that you can start with real rosters from all the way back to the 1950's and pretty much replay the history of the NFL if you want.

FOF7 is $37 I believe and PFS is $25.Many of the features are the same.I'm leaning towards PFS because of the historic rosters but likely when Beyond the Sideline comes out,likely around the start of next season,that will be the best of the bunch.
Can you play actually games in Either?
Old 12-23-2014, 05:11 PM   #50
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
Can you play actually games in Either?
In reviewing these games I wouldn't be able to recommend Pro Football Simulator because all you can do is gameplan then the games are rather boring.To top it off the simulation engine isn't very good.The best thing I can say is that you have every football season at your disposal for $25.

Front Office Football 7 is a good management game that you can take a team and play the games.The user interface is pretty mediocre and you can edit the current rosters but if you're into historical rosters you're forced to have 32 team leagues.All in all I think it's a good game that is very deep in team management.Cost of $37.

The best playing PC football game would have to be Action PC.The gameplay and added mods are very good and you can play or simulate any game of the season.It's not much of a team management game but does have editing available so you can take a season and go from there.It's kinda more of a season replay game though like Strat-o-Matic.Right now there's a half price sale on all seasons.You can buy the game with the 2013 season for around $40 and I bought the 2000's decade for $60 and then added 2010,'11 and '12 for $10 each.Then if you spend $100 you get 20% off.So I ended up getting the game with every season from 2000 on for around $105 total.

Last edited by gr18; 12-23-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:54 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

[quote=LouV;2045971244]
I love Football and I'm interested in playing a simulation Football (NFL) game..The problem is to have enough time and money to pick the best games.
I would like to get opinions on what other people feel are the best games on the market.
I'm trying to get as much quality information on sports games as I can before I make any purchases.I hope this will help other people too.
Some of the Football games I'm interested in are.
Second & Ten looks great but I've yet to try the demo.I will do so in the future.
Football Mogul 12 was a good game from the free game I've downloaded.
Action PC and Strat O Matic both look great but I have never purchased them.
In the future OOTP Developments is coming out with Beyond the Sidelines, love OOTP Baseball so I will have to look into this game.

[/QUO1995 and
I'm pretty fond of Sierra's Front Page Sports Football Pro series. My favorite of the series was FPSFP 96. It seems like most fans (anecdotal of course) seem to put the 95 and 96 versions as the best of the franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2015, 10:43 PM   #52
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

[quote=Tunnelrunner;2046954201]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouV
I love Football and I'm interested in playing a simulation Football (NFL) game..The problem is to have enough time and money to pick the best games.
I would like to get opinions on what other people feel are the best games on the market.
I'm trying to get as much quality information on sports games as I can before I make any purchases.I hope this will help other people too.
Some of the Football games I'm interested in are.
Second & Ten looks great but I've yet to try the demo.I will do so in the future.
Football Mogul 12 was a good game from the free game I've downloaded.
Action PC and Strat O Matic both look great but I have never purchased them.
In the future OOTP Developments is coming out with Beyond the Sidelines, love OOTP Baseball so I will have to look into this game.

[/QUO1995 and
I'm pretty fond of Sierra's Front Page Sports Football Pro series. My favorite of the series was FPSFP 96. It seems like most fans (anecdotal of course) seem to put the 95 and 96 versions as the best of the franchise.
Didn't try Second and Ten but think, that if I remember correctly ,there was something that kept me from bothering.

There are two different types of text sims.Team management and season replays.I would prefer a team management that has fun game play but that mix doesn't really exist right now.

In my post on the previous page,I go into a few of the options.I like Action PC the best for fun game play though it is a season replay game that has editing options.You can play every game and only take offenses and let the CPU play defense if you wish,as an example of game play options.I believe there is a money back trial period as most of these games have this or demos.

I like Front Office Football 7 more than Pro Football Simulator because you can at least play the games in FOF7,instead of just game planning and watching results but the thing I didn't like about the team management aspect is that all personality traits in both games of all players are random.

I think Beyond the Sidelines looks very promising.

I

Last edited by gr18; 01-02-2015 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:46 PM   #53
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

FOF7 is fine, I got bored of it because of poor UI and just blandness. No substance, which is why I'm heavily anticipating Beyond the Sideline Football. OOTP never fails to put out amazing management games, extremely in-depth and addictive.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2015, 10:00 PM   #54
Just started!

I would like to find some fun PC football games to play!
Old 01-07-2015, 12:07 AM   #55
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

anyone play maximum football 2.0? im interested in playing it, is customizable and in 3d

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2015, 08:10 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I really need a college football game

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »