Home

Playing Street Football

This is a discussion on Playing Street Football within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2004, 06:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Playing Street Football

How do you guys play a game football outside? What I mean is it seems like one of the harder sports to organize and play with your friends. Do you play tackle, flag, or what? I'm just curious what you guys have experienced and what works well. My friends and I are organizing a game and I don't know how many people will be there. 8-16 people depending if they show. I doubt anyone wants to play linemen, so what do you guys do to handle that? 4 downs, no punting, no rush at the QB for 5 seconds, no first downs... etc? I don't know, I just wanted to know what rules have worked well for you guys because this is the first time we're trying to organize some street football. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2004, 06:47 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Playing Street Football

Man what is up with kids these days lol.. jk..

It's been a long long time but we usually played even teams or if there was an odd player have an all time quarterback who plays QB and QB only for both teams. No linemen and no running plays, just QB's and recievers. Rush at 5 mississippi usually. 1 defender has to play on the QB unless it's all time quarterback.

Pretty simple, no?
Old 02-25-2004, 07:51 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 19

It depends on how long the place your playing on. My friends and I play 5 downs, no punts. No kickoffs because we start around 5yds from the goaline. No rushing plays, usually 7 on 7, and you can rush the QB at 7 Mississippi. TD's are worth 1 point to make keeping score easier. If you pass 5 downs, you start from where your oppenent ended on their play.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:28 PM   #4
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

If you have a football and some people just make teams and have out of bounds and touchdowns and that's it. IF you want tackle or tag just decide that and that's it. I don't play with punts but you can do whatever you want.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:36 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

i play all the time and once again im liek always the best playing but anyways it depends on how much people are playing. If 4 people are playing flag and if 10 or more TACKEL!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2004, 11:00 PM   #6
MVP

JoeBudden's Arena

OVR: 10

Havent played since grade school and it was the [censored].
We had this big *** parking lot and we would play from one fence to the other fence horizontally. Two hand touch. We would play in the snow and taht was the best because the parking lot was all froze over and they would plow the lot and there would be snow piles so u could catch TD's in the piles.
Best play ever was by me i caught a pass one handed kinda like Charles Woodson did against MSU. But i caught it and feel into the pile man was i bragging about that catch for 2 years.

AHHHHHHHH the GOOOD Ole Days
Old 03-17-2004, 09:15 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

We played two hand touch mostly, but it would have been nice to have flags. We tried tackle, but we had too many injuries. My last sandlot football game was in 1971.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »