Home

Slash in Canada?

This is a discussion on Slash in Canada? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2004, 05:07 PM   #1
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Slash in Canada?

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have put Kordell Stewart on their negotiating list. The GM had this to say about it:

Quote:

"As soon as I saw it I put him on, because I figured 'Hmm, maybe he won't get signed in the NFL',"

The Bombers are also looking at former Tampa Bay Bucs QB Shaun King and U of Tennessee's Tee Martin. The Bombers still have first rights to former Dolphins Ray Lucas.

In other team news linebacker Brian Clark won't return with the Bombers and is expected to sign with Calgary Stampeders.

Negotiations are said to be going well with WR Robert Gordan and the talks are said to be "encouraging".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2004, 08:03 PM   #2
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Slash in Canada?

Man, has Shaun King's value dropped.

I guess Slash could consider it, I doubt he ever starts again, barring an injury.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:35 PM   #3
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

That's pretty sad, Shaun King can play QB in the NFL, hopefully someone picks him up and gives him an opportunity.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:06 PM   #4
binging

SPTO's Arena

Sheesh you two make it sound like these guys are going to Siberia.

If anything the CFL could revitalize their sagging careers. At least the profile is a lot higher then the AFL and the competition is more stable then that league.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:11 AM   #5
Lex
Banned

OVR: 5

I have to say that I think its awesome that you post these Canadian Football League updates TO. It looks like there has been a run on ex Colorado players (Salaam and now Kordell). So, how do you think someone like Kordell will do up North? As far as Shaun King goes, he never did really prove anything. The jury is still out on him. He might come back to the NFL and do some damage like many CFL quarterbacks have. My impression of Shaun King is that he is not a guy who can win games but rather a guy who will not lose games. Hopefully he will find the eye of the tiger in Canada.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2004, 01:11 AM   #6
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

I can see Tee Martin getting a job up here but I dont know if he would be starting right away. I hadnt heard Stewarts name mentioned but he would fit in great with the style of game we play in the CFL. King is another but I dont see him not finding a backup job in the NFL, and Stewart could find a job to if he really wanted. But if he wont accept a backup role why would he come and play in the CFL, even if they promised him a starting job. And right now there are a lot of good starting QBs on most teams that would be hard to get passed on the depth chart. Maybe Calgary or Toronto, or Hamilton. But Khari Jones would be really hard to get past in Winnipeg
Old 03-05-2004, 04:15 AM   #7
binging

SPTO's Arena

I think Kordell would be a moderate success in the CFL but man I dunno if he'd want to be a backup in Winnipeg. He's a better fit in the cities Donovan mentioned. I think he'd be a success if he's willing to go back to his slash days and run the ball on his own more and be more creative out of the QB position.

Shaun King would probably do well in the CFL as well. I wish he would go to Ottawa with Kent Austin as the QB coach I think he would really open up King's game.
Old 03-05-2004, 04:34 AM   #8
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

What kind of money could they expect?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »