Home

2Ksports - Make a NCAA Football Game

This is a discussion on 2Ksports - Make a NCAA Football Game within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2014, 12:06 PM   #9
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 2Ksports - Make a NCAA Football Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branchurian
I'd rather eat the VC because along with I will be able to have a game that has great core gameplay that actually simulates & respect the game of football. Then some arcadey let me run "zigzags" crap that does not apply real life football principles & only applies to the cheeseheads who abuses the exploits. Before you cry out fanboy, I have NCAA 14, Madden 25 (I'm pretty damn good too) but there is no soul to these games. 2K made sure that every player varied, that weight & height took precedence & signature styles were represented. So yeah, VC would be a small price to pay to get a game that reflects the NFL and football as a whole instead of a "dramatization" which is what EA does year end & out.
Your description of a 2K football game sounds like something I would want to play but I'm afraid it'd be more of a cheesefest then Madden. Look at NBA 2K14, basically all anyone does is charge the hoop using Kobe or Lebron or KD and score every time. In a football game they would probably let you throw cheese routes that exploit the CPU on every play to win, instead of using strategy and skill.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:24 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
Your description of a 2K football game sounds like something I would want to play but I'm afraid it'd be more of a cheesefest then Madden. Look at NBA 2K14, basically all anyone does is charge the hoop using Kobe or Lebron or KD and score every time. In a football game they would probably let you throw cheese routes that exploit the CPU on every play to win, instead of using strategy and skill.
NBA 2K has nothing to do with 2K Football. They're two different developments each with their own strengths and weaknesses. And, any game can be exploited, especially sports games. That's nothing new and is unlikely to go away in our lifetime.

I'm sure a new 2K Football game would be what 2K Football always was; the best simulation of pro football on the market with a number of flaws, and top-level presentation. I welcome that--hopefully with fewer flaws--because the one option we have currently is far off that mark on both accounts.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:33 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
NBA 2K has nothing to do with 2K Football.
Yeah, where did he get that? Talk All Pro 2K8, leave the B-Ball game out of it.

He lost me at "I'd rather wait for EA".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2014, 09:41 AM   #12
Just started!

Given the loss of the NFL license, I'm surprised 2K hasn't pursued a CFL title. I know I would buy it and that people looking for an alternative to the repetitive Madden series would consider it as well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2014, 11:51 AM   #13
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTBoneIs
Given the loss of the NFL license, I'm surprised 2K hasn't pursued a CFL title. I know I would buy it and that people looking for an alternative to the repetitive Madden series would consider it as well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Compared to the NFL and the NCAA, there is effectively zero market for the Canadian Football League in the lower 48. The game would have less mass appeal than All Pro Football 2K8, which even with various football legends was only able to draw so many eye-balls.

As far as I know, there's never been an official CFL video game. You'd be more likely to see an Arena Football League game, but I doubt you see that either because it's such a niche sport.

Point is, sports games need a major license to expect any return on investment for the developer and publisher. There isn't a major football license available for 2K to work with, and until that changes you won't see a 2K football game.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

Just wish people would stop beating a dead horse. I just don't see 2k making a football game. Now I don't know inside details and have you, but if something would come out other than madden I think someone would of open their mouth and leaked something out.

NFL- BUCCS
NBA- MAGIC
NCCAF- FLA
AFGHANISTAN "2011-12" WAR VET

Redzone League
Cleveland Browns
Season 3 (7-9)
Season 4 (1-0)

Jacksonville Jaguars
Season 6 (0-0)
Old 04-11-2014, 03:41 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
As far as I know, there's never been an official CFL video game.
http://www.wintervalley.com/games.htm

http://www.wintervalley.com/cfl99/screenshots/vbpj.jpg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2014, 04:18 PM   #16
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I stand corrected

1999 was a very different time for sports games and video games in general, however.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »