Home

NFL 2k COMEBACK? License not exclusive?

This is a discussion on NFL 2k COMEBACK? License not exclusive? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2014, 11:23 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NFL 2k COMEBACK? License not exclusive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryank197
They may not come out with one for awhile, but if they have a CHANCE to, they absolutely will.

Ive seen interviews where the developers at Take Two/VC said they would LOVE to make one and have years of concepts and ideas ready to go if they get the chance.

I dont see any way that there could be a 2K football game this year, but I COULD see them announcing that one is in development.
If they did surprise everyone with a game at E3 it would the ultimate example of keeping your info close to the chest hahaha. This forum would explode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2014, 11:34 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2

If NFL 2k is coming back, then I only want a PC-Version with the NextGen-Graphic based on PS4/Xbone-Version.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:35 AM   #67
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4190
If they did surprise everyone with a game at E3 it would the ultimate example of keeping your info close to the chest hahaha. This forum would explode
They were able to do it with All Pro Football as that game came out of nowhere.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #68
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Agreed there is no reason to think anyone else is developing a football game. I was merely questioning the possible implications of the lack of information on continued exclusivity with EA, and positing possible business logic for 2k to take advantage of its potential lapse. I definitely don't feel justified in hoping a new football game will be arriving.
I think this is an important distinction, at least for me in regard to what Simfball is saying in the video. While I would absolutely love to see 2K back in football gaming, the far bigger point for me is the entire matter of the NFL license being open for any number of video game developers. Like Simfball mentions in that video, it would be epic to have Sony, 2k/VC, EA and others, all putting out competing NFL video games on PS4/Xbox1, at some point.

Regardless of anyone's opinion on which brand football game they preferred back when there were choices, I think we all can agree these past 9 years of NFL exclusivity have been the "dark ages" for football gaming. An open NFL license would theoretically bring it into "the Renaissance" and out of the shadow of other sports video games.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #69
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Nah, yours was not the only post, that's why I stated "posts" and didn't refer directly to anyone.

Again to be clear, I wasn't trying to call anyone out for that implication, I was just wondering was there something I had missed in regard to Simfball specifically taking advantage of this topic or another to drive viewers to his Youtube channel.

Anyway, my take on this news from Simfball is that he is telling the truth, simply because I have never known him to just make video game stuff up to drive Youtube hits or to draw attention. By "telling the truth" I simply mean that someone he believes should be in the know, told him the things he expressed, not that the return of NFL2k is a fact. Now as far as the title of the video, among other things you mentioned, I won't attempt to speak for Simfball because he is actually a member of OS and hopefully he finds this thread, then chooses to speak for himself.

I agree that he is relaying information he believes to be true. I don't think he is doing it for hits on YouTube, but even the best get bad information from good sources sometime. Just my opinion.

I don't directly follow wrestling all that much, but I believe Dave Meltzer is a pretty reliable guy and he has said something about CM Punk returning on Raw in Chicago and he had a very reliable source. This turned out to not be true. So it does happen. Don't quote me on the Meltzer example as I do not follow the WWE all that closely and I was just using it as an example.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 05-28-2014, 12:08 PM   #70
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Hi! I'm the one person in this thread who posted this sentiment. Feel free to address me directly next time

2K football has been "coming back" every year since All Pro Football was released. How many "anonymous sources" since then have been wrong? The dots are way too obvious to connect and the trends way too strong in the small community that is simulation sports gaming for this not to scream "publicity stunt" in big bold flashing letters.

The tweets and title of the video are "NFL 2K football to return at E3 2014". That's a statement. Not a question, not flagged with a rumor tag, nothing. That headline - which is incredibly misleading at-best and an outright lie at-worst - is obviously designed to attract page views. The content of the video obviously makes it clear that the author is dealing with a rumor. But why wouldn't he make that clear in the title of his video and/or his social media feeds? To attract attention to his videos, which are monetized with ads. There is no other reason or motive, and the wording he chose absolutely wasn't a mistake.

If I'm wrong on 2K football being dead, I'm wrong, and I welcome 2K football back to the fray open arms. I quite enjoyed the NFL 2K series and All Pro Football 2K8 when they were relevant football games. That said, at present there is nary a shred of public-facing knowledge for anyone anywhere to believe a single word coming out of any Youtuber's mouth with respect to an upcoming competitor to Madden NFL in the console football video game space. So why should I? Tell me how and why I'm wrong in my being incredulous of the source and doubting said source's motives, given the body of knowledge available.
This is what the logical side of my brain says...but if 2k Football is not announced at E3, well then I'll have more than enough time to dwell in the logical world, which ironically has actually become the Twilight Zone if you are a fan of football video-gaming.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)

Last edited by inkcil; 05-28-2014 at 12:11 PM. Reason: typos...always typos
Old 05-28-2014, 12:26 PM   #71
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah, I can't see this happening but having another choice would be amazing. Madden NFL seems to have taken choices away and then re-adds them as new features which is hogwash in my opinion! Still, I love the NFL brand and as long as I can do CPU vs. CPU in franchise in some way shape or form, I'll buy because I'm a stupid fan boy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2014, 12:50 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 5

simfballcritic isn't convincing me:

"Now from what I'm hearing, they are presenting a football game to the NFL..."

"You have to remember, they don't have the license. They can't produce anything NFL related until they have a license. I wouldn't expect gameplay, but we will see." 

Those words don't jive with "NFL 2K Football to return at E3 2014."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »