Home

Joe Montana Football 16 Looks to be a Mobile Game, Utilizing Unreal Engine 4

This is a discussion on Joe Montana Football 16 Looks to be a Mobile Game, Utilizing Unreal Engine 4 within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 10:42 AM   #57
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Joe Montana Football 16 Looks to be a Mobile Game, Utilizing Unreal Engine 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
There are mobile games that employ motion capture, so that's not a new situation.

And not to dampen things, but that .gif is of a mocap test/demo. I wouldn't 100% expect the in-game animations to play that smoothly and it wouldn't be fair to expect that. That's not to say it's impossible because it certainly is possible, but it's important to understand the difference between seeing a single character animate in dead space versus the same character animating in a live environment surrounded by countless other resource taxing assets.

That said, seeing this and noticing a few items in that set, I'm becoming suspicious of who else is behind this, but in a good way.
You are the ultimate debby downer. We've had so much strife with Madden, just a bit of happiness would be nice. Just. A. Bit.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:51 AM   #58
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Joe Montana Football 16 Looks to be a Mobile Game, Utilizing Unreal Engine 4

False hope isn't happiness.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:51 AM   #59
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
You are the ultimate debby downer. We've had so much strife with Madden, just a bit of happiness would be nice. Just. A. Bit.
That assessment is totally inaccurate, and honestly, ridiculous. I had no idea that speaking logically was somehow negative.

I've been supportive of this from day one, before you even knew it existed, and unlike most I don't care if it's mobile, I will still be supporting it. Will you?
Old 10-29-2014, 02:13 PM   #60
Banned

RyanLR101's Arena

What game mobile game motion cap? I serious doubt a company would waste money on motion capture for a mobile game. I put mobile gaming in the same category as penny stocks!

I was asking for an official thread to change the title (take off Mobile game)
Old 10-29-2014, 02:28 PM   #61
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLR101
What game mobile game motion cap? I serious doubt a company would waste money on motion capture for a mobile game.

Mobile soccer game using motion cap:

http://technical.ly/baltimore/2014/0...entertainment/

Boxing game boasting motion capture from real boxers:

http://www.whackit.co/mobile/real-boxing.html

A funded Kickstarter for a mobile-related motion capture suite:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...nted-dance-app

That's with just a quick search, I'm sure if I spent more than 30 seconds on Google I could find more.

Last edited by mestevo; 10-29-2014 at 02:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2014, 12:57 PM   #62
Banned

RyanLR101's Arena

Ok, well hope we have is none of those games have the graphics like from the Montana clip.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:58 PM   #63
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

The problem that they (whatever studio is behind this game) are going to run into - if this is still just a mobile game - is the low amount of RAM on mobile devices. Even the newest toys - the iPhone 6, iPhone 6S, and the newest iPads - only have 1GB of RAM. While that's double of the XBOX 360 and PS3, that's far less than what's available on the PS4 (8GB), XBOX One (effectively 5GB, but 8GB total), and even Wii U (2GB). Android tablets fare better to this end, the best ones nowadays seeing as much as 3GB RAM, but it's still a major limiting factor in asset-intensive games.

In short, everything - the textures, the meshes, the audio, the animations - is going to end up getting compressed if lots of assets are needed at runtime, which while ultimately dependent on how the game is written is absolutely the case in a football game speaking high-level. It won't look as fluid as what's in the clip above, most certainly.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:59 PM   #64
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
That assessment is totally inaccurate, and honestly, ridiculous. I had no idea that speaking logically was somehow negative.

I've been supportive of this from day one, before you even knew it existed, and unlike most I don't care if it's mobile, I will still be supporting it. Will you?
Whoa there, Defensive. I cracked a joke and I'm now inferior? Bet your aunt's oatmeal cookies I'll support it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »