Home

Blood Bowl Review: A Compelling But Also Very Familiar Mobile Experience

This is a discussion on Blood Bowl Review: A Compelling But Also Very Familiar Mobile Experience within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2014, 11:16 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Blood Bowl Review: A Compelling But Also Very Familiar Mobile Experience

More than four years ago, I had the opportunity to review Blood Bowl on the Xbox 360. Since then, multiple versions of this digital board game have been released on numerous platforms, from Nintendo DS to the PC. Now the franchsie arrives on yet another platform: mobile devices.

Read More - Blood Bowl Is a Compelling But Also Very Familiar Mobile Experience (Review)
Platform: iPhone / iPad / iOS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 08:59 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Having never played blood bowl, I found the ios experience to be really fun.

However, now that I'm aware of all the additional features and races available to steam versions (chaos edition) I have to wholeheartedly agree with this review and the points made.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:48 AM   #3
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
I never played the iOS version, however I've somewhat got into Blood Bowl in the years after the original 360 review that was posted on OS. After reading the original review I decided to take a chance on the PC version, which I got virtually for free due to a trade. This is an awesome game if you are into Strategy games and football. To start with, it is worth mentioning that Blood Bowl originated in the 80's as a very complex board game. The video games replicate the board game. If you decided to get your feet wet in Blood Bowl, it is worth the time to do a little research on the game and the rules (i.e. find the most recent version of the rulebook). In addition, there are tons of videos an guides on the game. I just started playing on a site called FUMBLL which seems to be the best place to play if you are looking for a competitive community. Blood Bowl will appear to those that:

- Love complex strategy or board games.
- Love building teams and watch teams grow through league play/campaigns. (And hoping your loved players don't die on the pitch)

Also, it looks like Blood Bowl 2 is coming out this Spring for NG consoles and PC. Anyway, I want to start advocating for this game because it is a lot of fun once you start to learn about it. I would love to see some type of OS league in the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »