Home

Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps

This is a discussion on Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 10:30 AM   #321
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps

Companies license tech from other companies every single day in this industry. It's as routine as the sun coming up in the morning. Companies like Natural Motion, Havok, and Epic (just to name a few) owe practically their entire existence and rise to prominence to that very thing.

That said, I've never known of or heard of 2K doing such a thing, but that doesn't mean they haven't, just means I don't know, and it's not as if it's impossible either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2015, 10:36 AM   #322
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Companies license tech from other companies every single day in this industry. It's as routine as the sun coming up in the morning. Companies like Natural Motion, Havok, and Epic (just to name a few) owe practically their entire existence and rise to prominence to that very thing.

That said, I've never known of or heard of 2K doing such a thing, but that doesn't mean they haven't, just means I don't know, and it's not as if it's impossible either.
Good point. I think the point I was trying to make is that people shouldnt assume that 2k is heavily involved or involved at all based on that post. Its possible that they licensed some tech and the people who at 2k who denied involvement arent aware of it.

Its also possible that the person who made this post is full of ****. Who knows? We have 3 months until E3 and 4 until the rumored release date. Lets see how it plays out.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:47 AM   #323
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah, selling off tech and licensing it are two very different things. I think what the user on the last page was getting at was evidence that these 2K employees said that a relationship between 2K and JM16 is definitely not happening. On the contrary, we have evidence that there is a relationship, as TJ Lauerman (someone not known for posting false items) tweeted a picture of JM16 with a 2K logo, which Joe Montana himself retweeted. Not only did he retweet it, he hasn't deleted it to this point, and Joe doesn't go on random RT-fests. If 2K wasn't working in some capacity with JM16, you would think someone would have told him to delete the RT by now, whether that be Damon Grow or 2K themselves.

Now, the tech could be as simple as face-scanning. We know that JM16 already has an engine (Unreal 4). JM16 could have went to 2K, knowing their player models look amazing and knowing 2K had no plans to make a football game anytime soon, and asked if they could use their tech. The rumor that 2K was scanning players about a year and a half ago could point to this, but the rumor was slightly wrong because it wasn't 2K doing it for themselves. Plus, that RT happened a little while ago, around the same time that rumor of 2K scanning players surfaced.

Again, I don't want people to think what I just said really happened, but it's a possibility, using all the evidence that we have to this point.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:47 AM   #324
Rookie

Hank_Ferguson's Arena

OVR: 0

Well , whether Visual Concepts is involved or not , there seems to be little doubt that there will be a Joe Montana Football 16 game coming soon. With Windows 10 , they can make one game that will work on many platforms. PC,XBOXONE,Phone,etc. No more "porting" . When it is released we will then know what platforms they have chosen.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:48 AM   #325
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:

Obviously aholbert wouldnt have said that if 2k waa sending tech to someone else.

Once again think about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2015, 10:53 AM   #326
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:

The difference between all those companies you just cited and 2k is they produce a product with the intent to license it. The idea of licensing anything from a game that old isn't a net positive IMO. From fidelity of models and textures to the cost of adapting it for new platforms, etc.

Like most of Damon's comments, 2k is in the conversation to pull at heartstrings, little else IMO. It's a matter of knowing the audience and telling them things they want to hear or believe to be true.

I'm all for the post is true, but I think the 2k mentions and a couple sections (all the hyperbole) are just over embellished to add credence to their claims but end up easily feeding any belief that the rest is rubbish.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:56 AM   #327
Banned

OVR: 28

Honestly, I didn't put a ton of stock into "the post". I don't really care if any of that is true or not. If some of it turns out to be true then great. All I care about is the fact that a game is definitely coming out. That's all that matters. For me personally, I want a quality game that will allow me to forget about Madden again. Choice is always a good thing. I find Madden to be a very bad product - for me. I prefer something else. The fact that a possible alternative is coming out, license or no license, is enough for me to be relatively excited. With an immersive online franchise mode and realistic gameplay, I can enjoy it with or without an NFL license.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:04 AM   #328
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

2ks last football game was 7 years ago. That development team is probably scattered everywhere by now and the tech is dated.

I'm not really concerned about whether 2k is actually involved. The fact that Damon Grow tweeted that game as a daily devotional is still very positive. That game focused on recreating the game, from penalties to broadcast presentation to realistic player movement. If Joe Montana 16 is attempting to deliver a game made in that mold, that's a positive.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »